It’s me, your breakfast fairy godmother, sharing certainly one of my fav baked oatmeal recipes to make in direction of the top of summer season. I first shared this glorious breakfast 2 years in the past throughout our annual Zucchini Week and also you all fell in LOVE. So, right here’s your reminder that that is the right time to make it!
I do know the AK neighborhood is obsessive about baked oatmeal (who isn’t?!) so this glorious banana zucchini baked oatmeal recipe was actually a no brainer. Image fluffy, completely moist banana bread meets your favourite zucchini bread and finally ends up tasting identical to a heat oatmeal cookie.
Right here’s the kicker: this unbelievable banana zucchini baked oatmeal has wealthy, nutty brown butter baked proper into it for an absolute taste explosion. My love for brown butter (right here are all of my recipes that use it!) runs deep, so you understand I needed to spice this oatmeal bake up with some. Time to bake this child up, add chocolate chips and walnuts if you happen to’d like, and revel in an exquisite breakfast, brunch, snack or deal with! OH, and it’s each child and toddler pleasant, which is a lifesaver for busy weekdays. My little ones are actually in love and I do know you may be, too.
FREE Zucchini Recipe E-E book
Enroll under and get a FREE downloadable, printable e-book with my finest zucchini recipes (candy and savory!)
All the things you’ll have to make this banana zucchini baked oatmeal
You severely gained’t imagine this zucchini banana baked oatmeal is sweetened JUST with ripe bananas. The flavors are so warming and scrumptious because of the brown butter (omg sure). Right here’s all the things you’ll have to make it:
- Butter: I like utilizing salted butter for additional taste, however unsalted may even work.
- Zucchini: the star of the present in the course of the summer season! Shredded zucchini provides pure moisture and also you gained’t be capable of style it in any respect.
- Bananas: make sure to use tremendous ripe bananas in order that the baked oatmeal is completely candy.
- Eggs: you’ll want 2 eggs on this recipe.
- Almond milk: for extra moisture, you’ll want some milk. Any milk will work! I like to make use of unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
- Rolled oats: hold this baked oatmeal gluten free through the use of gluten free rolled oats.
- Spices: we’re additionally including cinnamon and nutmeg for that cozy really feel.
- Baking staples: don’t neglect the vanilla extract, baking powder (not soda!) and salt.
- Combine-ins & toppings: these are elective, however I like so as to add chocolate chips and walnuts to the batter, and a sprinkle of sea salt to the highest for the final word indulgence. Sliced bananas are additionally scrumptious on high of the oatmeal!
The proper baked oatmeal for kiddos
This banana zucchini oatmeal bake is such a terrific breakfast, snack, or deal with for teenagers and toddlers! It’s naturally sweetened with simply bananas, so I omit the nuts, chocolate chips and sea salt topping if I’m giving it to the youngsters for breakfast. If it’s for just a little dessert, I’ll hold the chocolate chips in for them! They LOVE it and it’s a good way to get them to eat veggies, wholesome fat, and entire grains.
You’ll be able to even make the baked oatmeal extra nutritious through the use of a dairy free fortified milk for teenagers like Ripple Children.
Can I take advantage of metal lower or fast oats?
I might not suggest utilizing metal lower oats on this recipe as the feel can be a lot completely different. Rolled oats hold the banana zucchini baked oatmeal gentle and fluffy, however I feel fast oats would work okay. You might want to make use of a bit extra if you happen to’re attempting this recipe with fast oats.
Simply make it dairy free or vegan
- To make dairy free: merely use melted and cooled vegan butter or coconut oil. Observe that these substitutes is not going to brown.
- To make vegan: use both of the choices above to make it dairy free, then strive subbing 2 flax eggs for the eggs, which is 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal + 6 tablespoons of water. I haven’t examined it, however I feel it ought to work tremendous!
How you can brown butter
The brown butter creates a warming, nutty taste on this baked oatmeal recipe that actually makes this baked oatmeal one-of-a-kind. Discover ways to simply brown butter right here!
Make moveable oatmeal cups
This zucchini banana baked oatmeal recipe could be made into straightforward, on-the-go oatmeal cups! Right here’s the best way to do it:
- Prep your pan. Add muffin liners to a muffin tin and spray with cooking spray to stop sticking.
- Divide the batter. Divide the banana zucchini oatmeal bake batter into the muffin tin — it’s best to get round 10-12 oatmeal cups.
- Bake & serve. Bake for 20-25 minutes till the oatmeal cups are set and just a little golden brown and revel in!
How you can retailer this banana zucchini baked oatmeal
- To retailer: make certain the oatmeal bake has fully cooled, after which cowl the pan with tinfoil earlier than transferring it to the fridge. It can keep good lined within the fridge for 4-5 days. You may as well retailer particular person slices in hermetic containers for ease.
- To reheat: you possibly can reheat particular person slices within the microwave for 30-60 seconds.
Freezer-friendly baked oatmeal
- To freeze: as soon as the zucchini banana baked oatmeal has fully cooled, lower it into 6 squares/slices and wrap every sq. in plastic wrap and tinfoil. You may as well freeze all the baked oatmeal for later by wrapping it nicely and inserting it within the freezer.
- To reheat: if you’re able to eat it, place the unwrapped frozen sq. of baked oatmeal on a microwave secure dish and microwave it at 30 second intervals for 1-2 minutes. To reheat all the baked oatmeal, merely reheat it within the oven for 20-25 minutes at 350 levels F whereas it’s lined with tinfoil.
Our go-to kitchen instruments
Take a look at all of our favourite kitchen necessities right here.
Extra zucchini recipes you’ll love
Get all of our zucchini recipes right here!
I hope you’re keen on this straightforward brown butter banana zucchini baked oatmeal! When you make it make sure to go away a remark and a score so I understand how you appreciated it. Take pleasure in, xo!
Salted Brown Butter Banana Zucchini Baked Oatmeal
Cozy and nutritious banana zucchini baked oatmeal with warming, toasty flavors of brown butter in each chunk. This wholesome banana zucchini baked oatmeal recipe is of course sweetened, good for teenagers as a breakfast or deal with, and is freezer pleasant for fast and simple mornings!
- For the moist substances:
- ¼ cup salted butter
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded and squeezed of extra moisture (about 1 cup shredded zucchini)
- 3 medium additional ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 1/4 cup mashed ripe banana)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or dairy free milk of selection)
- For the dry substances:
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Optionally available mix-ins:
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- For topping:
- Maldon sea salt
Preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Spray a 8×8 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
First, brown your butter: add butter to a small saucepan and place over medium warmth. The butter will start to soften, crackle, after which finally foam. Be sure to whisk continuously throughout this course of. After a few minutes, the butter will start to brown and switch a pleasant golden amber coloration on the underside of the saucepan, this normally occurs as soon as it foams. Proceed to whisk and take away from warmth as quickly because the butter begins to brown and provides off a nutty aroma. Instantly switch the butter to a medium bowl to stop burning, ensuring you scrape all of the butter from the pan. Put aside to chill for 10 minutes.
Subsequent shred and measure out zucchini to equal 1 cup shredded zucchini, then place in a paper towel, clear dish towel or cheese material and squeeze out all the surplus moisture. ALL OF IT. Don’t skip this step!
Mash your bananas in a big bowl, then add within the eggs, vanilla extract and dairy free milk; combine collectively nicely to mix then add within the shredded zucchini and cooled brown butter and blend once more till nicely integrated.
Add your dry substances to the moist substances: oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Combine till mixed. Fold in any mix-ins, if utilizing.
Pour combination into ready pan and easy high. Bake for 35-45 minutes or till the perimeters are barely golden brown. Take away from the oven, enable to chill for 10 minutes, then lower into 6 slices and serve. Prime with maldon sea salt and additional banana slices. Serves 6.
See the complete submit for suggestions, methods & methods to customise this baked oatmeal!
Serving: 1slice (with out nuts or chocolate)Energy: 248kcalCarbohydrates: 31.2gProtein: 6.3gFats: 11.7gSaturated Fats: 5.3gFiber: 4.8gSugar: 7.5g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Images by: Eat Love Eats
This submit was initially revealed on August fifth, 2021, and republished on August 14th, 2023.