Make the Greatest BLT Sandwich with a easy twist, including buttery slices of Brie to the combination. A Brie Bacon Lettuce Tomato Sandwich is excellent! When ripe summer season tomatoes are plentiful, choose up some Brie for this greatest ever BLT.
Including slices of sentimental, buttery French, double crème cheese gives a further, luscious layer to a basic BLT Recipe.
Why You Should Make
- As soon as juicy farm stand or homegrown tomatoes can be found, BLT sandwiches are a scrumptious addition to your summer season menu rotation.
- Tossing some avocado into the combination is considered one of my favourite tweaks, however after listening to a couple of Brie LT, I picked up a wedge of this gooey French cheese so as to add to our sandwiches. The choosy hubby pulls off any avocado that I attempt to sneak in, however he was thrilled with slices of Brie nestled in his sandwich. So was I!
- These make a yummy dinner on busy days.
Learn how to Layer a BLT
A Brie LT is not any extra difficult than a basic BLT. Not All Brie LTs embrace bacon, however that’s a should at our home. Beneath is how I layer my sandwich. Making a double-decker model is spectacular, however positively messier!
- Begin together with your favourite bread. Observe that white sandwich bread is basic. These had been made with a Pullman-type loaf, however I additionally love hearty whole-grain bread.
- Toast two or three slices relying in your urge for food. Let the slices cool earlier than including the mayonnaise so it doesn’t “soften” into the toast.
- Apply mayonnaise to 1 slice, be sure that to not skimp. Home made mayo is fabulous, and should you’re daring, combine in a little bit of basil. I’m fairly happy with Hellmann’s or Duke’s, and I seize their natural variations after I can.
- Or do this Chipotle Mayo Recipe as an alternative of plain mayonnaise for a scrumptious kick of taste. It’s a enjoyable BLT sauce!
- Subsequent comes the lettuce. I grew up with crisp iceberg, however Romaine or ruffly leaf lettuces are extra flavorful.
- PRO-Tip: Inserting lettuce on the toast earlier than the tomato helps stop the juices from making it soggy.
- Ripe, peak-of-the-season tomatoes are a should. I like one thicker tomato slice, however two or three skinny slices are good, too.
- I add my extras like Brie and/or avocado slices subsequent. Is there something out of the bizarre that you simply add to your BLT?
- Purchase thick, high-quality bacon and prime with 2-3 strips earlier than including the second slice of toast. Unfold this toast with mayonnaise, too, if that’s what you fancy!
- The following time I make these, I’ll place the Brie onto the underside slice of toast and zap it briefly within the microwave so as to add to the gooey issue. Then add the remainder of the elements and smear the mayo on the highest slice.
- Slice your sandwich in half, seize some napkins, and dig in!
Incessantly Requested Questions
Although I are likely to go for seedy complete grain bread, good outdated white sandwich bread is greatest for a bacon lettuce and tomato sandwich. You should utilize precut loaves or purchase a loaf of Pullman bread and minimize good slices that may slot in your toaster.
You Could Additionally Like
- Have you ever tried a Pressed Brick Sandwich but? Packed filled with scrumptious elements, then compressed with a heavy object like a brick. Excellent for picnics or tailgating.
- A Monte Cristo is a scrumptious twist on the ham and cheese or you possibly can add some kick your steak sandwich up a notch with some melted Brie.
- My Cubano is one other terrific possibility with its layers of pork, ham, pickles, and Swiss cheese.
- Plus, in case you have additional Brie, this Strawberry Bacon Brie Salad is phenomenal!
- And Extra Sandwiches and Entree Recipes
- 2 slices hearty bread
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 leaves of iceberg or leaf lettuce
- 2 slices of ripe, summer season tomatoes, sliced to your required thickness
- 2 slices of Brie
- 2 slices of thick bacon, cooked till crisp
- Evenly toast your bread and funky barely.
- Smear one slice of toast with 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise, then prime with lettuce, tomatoes, Brie, and bacon.
- Unfold mayonnaise on the second slice of toast, and add to the sandwich, mayonnaise facet down.
- Slice the sandwich in half and serve.
You could make this with some other comfortable creamy cheese like Camembert or Havarti.
As an Amazon Affiliate and member of different affiliate packages, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 808Whole Fats: 56gSaturated Fats: 17gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 36gLdl cholesterol: 91mgSodium: 1375mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 28g