Made with healthful substances, these brown butter chocolate chip zucchini oatmeal cups are scrumptious for breakfast, a snack anytime, or dessert. Flavored with nutty brown butter and heat cinnamon, it’s by no means been simpler to eat your veggies!
We’re no strangers to oatmeal cups right here at Match Foodie Finds. Our peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal cups and baked apple oatmeal cups are make for the right afternoon pick-me-up on lengthy studio days. All of us love them, and it was enjoyable to create this summertime oatmeal cup variation.
In every zucchini chocolate chip oatmeal cup you’ll discover veggies, entire grains, rolled oats, fiber (3g/muffin), and protein (5g/muffin), making these a snack you possibly can be ok with consuming.
“They’re so yummy! I really like that they’re much less candy than most muffins and the chocolate simply makes the whole lot higher! What a deal with!” – Michelle
What you want for loaded zucchini oatmeal cups
These baked oatmeal cups come collectively rapidly and simply with lower than 10 substances. Star gamers:
- Oats: Entire, rolled oats are finest.
- Cinnamon: For heat, comforting taste.
- Zucchini: You’ll want 1 cup of shredded zucchini, which is the same as about 1 medium. We like to make use of the most important or second largest dimension grater so there are chunks of zucchini within the cup. To forestall soggy oatmeal cups, you’ll want to take away the moisture from the zucchini earlier than utilizing it within the recipe. Place the shredded zucchini in a paper towel or tea towel and squeeze till a lot of the moisture is gone.
- Mini Chocolate Chips: For a little bit sweetness.
- Brown Butter: Provides unbelievable taste! As a substitute of melting the butter, place it in a non-stick skillet over medium/excessive warmth. Prepare dinner till it turns a darkish chestnut shade.
Chocolate Chips: Use your favourite sort of chip!
Brown Butter: As a substitute of brown butter, use melted butter or melted coconut oil.
Eggs: Swap the two farm eggs for two flax eggs. The cups can be simply as moist.
Milk: Any sort of milk works for these oatmeal cups – dairy or non-dairy.
Are you able to add protein powder to those oatmeal cups?
Be at liberty so as to add a few tablespoons of your favourite protein powder to those cups. Unflavored or vanilla would style finest! Consider you might have so as to add about ¼ cup of additional milk to account for the additional dry ingredient.
Are you able to make these vegan?
We haven’t personally examined a vegan model of those baked oatmeal cups, however attempt swapping the farm eggs for flax eggs and utilizing melted coconut oil rather than melted butter.
How full ought to I fill the muffin pan?
Fill every cup about ¾ full with batter earlier than baking. They’ll rise just a bit bit.
As soon as oatmeal cups are fully cool, retailer them in an hermetic container at room temperature for as much as 2 days or within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
Extra oatmeal cups to attempt!
Can’t get sufficient of baked oatmeal cups? Attempt our pumpkin oatmeal cups, triple berry oatmeal cups, and raspberry chocolate chip oatmeal cups. And, for a full-size model, that is our finest baked oatmeal!
Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Zucchini Oatmeal Cups
These chocolate chip zucchini oatmeal cups are healthful, nutritious, and scrumptious. Get your veggies in whereas having fun with a scrumptious breakfast, snack, or dessert!
Prepare dinner:20 minutes
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 giant eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup milk any sort
First, preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Alternatively, you possibly can line the tin with muffin liners.
Subsequent, place dry substances into a big bowl and blend to mix. Put aside.
Subsequent, place butter in a small saucepan. Flip warmth to medium/excessive to totally soften the butter. When the butter begins to caramelize, flip the warmth off let sit within the pan till all butter has browned.
Add browned butter into the dry substances together with the remainder of the moist substances.
Combine to mix after which switch the batter into the muffin tin. Every muffin needs to be about ¾ of the way in which full.
Bake at 350ºF for 20-23 minutes.
Let cool for five minutes earlier than transferring to a cooling rack to totally cool.
Suggestions & Notes
- Storage: As soon as oatmeal cups are fully cool, retailer them in an hermetic container at room temperature for as much as 2 days or within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
- Brown Butter Suggestions: A chrome steel or aluminum non-stick pan is finest for making brown butter. Make sure that the pan is a lightweight shade so you possibly can see when the butter browns. In case your brown butter burns, don’t have any worry! Simply pour it by a sieve to take away the burnt items.
Energy: 183kcal Carbohydrates: 22g Protein: 5g Fats: 8g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 8g
Pictures: pictures taken on this put up are by Erin from The Picket Skillet.