Corn on pizza? Sure, please! The crisp, juicy kernels supply a scrumptious distinction to the hearty crust, creamy cheeses, and nutty basil pesto on this recipe.
Do you might have an opinion about corn pizza? Like it? Hate it? By no means tried it?
I’m firmly within the “find it irresistible” camp, and I’m sharing my favourite corn pizza recipe within the hopes of profitable extra people over. Of all of the pizza toppings on the market, candy corn is significantly underrated.
The explanation it’s so good is its texture. The frivolously crisp, juicy kernels supply a scrumptious distinction to creamy cheese and starchy crust. They add an sudden sweetness to a pizza as nicely.
This white corn pizza actually exhibits these qualities off. I pair the corn with lemony ricotta, melty mozzarella, spicy chiles, and basil pesto. The mix is wealthy and comforting but filled with contemporary taste. It’s been a success at our pizza nights this summer season, and I feel it is going to be at yours too!
Corn Pizza Recipe Components
Right here’s what you must make this corn pizza:
- Candy corn, after all! Contemporary corn will add the perfect taste and texture to this pizza, however in a pinch, frozen corn works too. You’ll use the kernels from 1 ear, about 3/4 cup.
- Fresno chili – For warmth. Skip it if you happen to’re delicate to spice.
- Additional-virgin olive oil – It helps the veggies brown and soften on prime of the pizza.
- Pizza dough – Search for contemporary dough within the refrigerated part of your grocery retailer, or use do-it-yourself pizza dough. It’s simple to make with simply all-purpose flour, yeast, olive oil, maple syrup, and salt! You’ll additionally want cornmeal for stretching the dough.
- Ricotta cheese and low-moisture, part-skim mozzarella – I really like these two cheeses on this pizza. The ricotta creates a luscious creamy base, and the mozzarella provides a melty layer on prime. Make sure that to make use of low-moisture mozz right here—contemporary mozzarella has an excessive amount of moisture and can make the pizza soggy.
- Lemon zest – For brightness.
- Basil pesto – I dollop it over the pizza after baking for pops of contemporary taste. Avoid wasting entire basil leaves to scatter over the completed pizza too!
- Smoked paprika – A couple of pinches add smoky depth of taste.
- And salt and pepper – To make all of the flavors pop!
Discover the whole recipe with measurements beneath.
How one can Make Corn Pizza
This corn pizza is straightforward to make. Right here’s the way it goes:
First, prep the dough. In the event you’re utilizing do-it-yourself pizza dough, you’ll want to present it time to rise. Our recipe requires 1 hour. In the event you’re utilizing store-bought pizza dough, you’ll additionally must suppose forward, because the dough ought to be at room temperature if you stretch it. Let it sit on the counter for no less than 1 hour earlier than you begin to work with it.
Whereas the dough rests, preheat the oven to 500°F and prep the toppings. Mix the ricotta with the lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Combine the corn kernels with the fresno chili, olive oil, and pinches of salt.
At this level, you’re able to par-bake the pizza crust.
Par-baking the crust
I’ve made this pizza with and with out par-baking the crust, and the par-baked model is so a lot better.
With out par-baking, the crust stays doughy beneath the moist toppings. With a par-bake, it cooks by way of and turns into crisp on the underside.
Right here’s how you can do it:
- Sprinkle a bit of cornmeal within the middle of a big baking sheet. Place the pizza dough on the baking sheet and stretch it into a big oval.
- Poke holes everywhere in the dough with a fork. This can forestall it from inflating within the oven!
- Bake for 8 minutes, or till the crust is starting to crisp across the edges.
That’s it! This step is tremendous simple and completely value it.
After you par-bake the crust, add your toppings! Unfold on the ricotta combination, and sprinkle on the mozzarella. Scatter the corn combination evenly on prime.
Then, bake once more. Bake the pizza till the crust is golden and the cheese is browned in locations, about 10 extra minutes.
End topping the pizza. Dollop on the pesto, and garnish the pizza with contemporary basil leaves and pinches of smoked paprika.
Lastly, slice and revel in! I hope you find it irresistible.
What to Serve with Corn Pizza
I like to serve this candy corn pizza with a summer season salad on the aspect. Any of those recipes could be scrumptious:
Extra Favourite Pizza Recipes
In the event you love this recipe, strive one in every of these favourite pizzas subsequent:
Serves 2 to three
Forestall your display screen from going darkish
Put together the pizza dough in line with this recipe, or if utilizing store-bought dough, let it sit at room temperature for 1 hour earlier than stretching.
Preheat the oven to 500°F (or as excessive as your oven goes).
In a small bowl, stir collectively the ricotta, lemon zest, salt, and a number of other grinds of pepper.
In one other small bowl, place the corn kernels, fresno chili, and olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and a number of other grinds of pepper and toss to mix.
Sprinkle a bit of cornmeal within the middle of a big baking sheet. Place the pizza dough on the baking sheet and stretch it into a big oval. Use a fork to poke holes everywhere in the dough. Bake for 8 minutes.
Take away the crust from the oven and unfold the ricotta combination evenly on prime. Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese and the corn combination and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or till the crust and cheese are browned.
Dollop the pesto on the pizza and sprinkle with pinches of smoked paprika. Garnish with contemporary basil. Slice and serve.