These straightforward Snickerdoodles are smooth, chewy and barely tangy. They arrive collectively in about half-hour without having to relax the cookie dough. This basic cookie is coated in cinnamon sugar, scrumptious and completely addicting!
Delicate & Chewy Snickerdoodles
I’ve been looking for the right snickerdoodle recipe for a very long time. After a lot trial and error, I lastly bought it proper. This foolproof recipe makes pillowy-soft snickerdoodle cookies with simply the correct amount of cinnamon. Thick, however not too thick, they’ve the right trace of a crunch on the surface from their wonderful cinnamon sugar coating and simply the correct amount of chew on the within. The basic sweetness of the sugar cookie with only a trace of tanginess from the cream of tarter blends splendidly with the comforting heat of cinnamon. Gosh, they’re so good!
These snickerdoodles are usually not solely scrumptious however they’re fast and straightforward to arrange. You don’t even have to relax the dough earlier than you bake them. Cookies in lower than half-hour anybody? I’m in!
Why You’ll Love This Snickerdoodles Recipe
These actually are a number of the finest cookies I’ve ever tasted. Listed here are just some of the explanations I believe they’re so excellent.
- No chilling mandatory. In contrast to many cookie recipes that require you to relax the cookie dough earlier than you bake, this one doesn’t. This makes them a lot faster and simpler to make, however they aren’t missing in any means from not being refrigerated.
- Easy components. This recipe requires only some easy components that you just probably have already got in your kitchen. It’s the right spur-of-the-moment recipe.
- Taste. These cookies have the sweetness you’d anticipate from a sugar cookie with a touch of tang from the cream of tarter. Pair that with the right quantity of cinnamon and also you’ve bought a 100% crave-able cookie.
- Delicate and chewy cookies. These snickerdoodles are the right thickness and splendidly smooth and chewy on the within. The whole lot you can dream of in a cookie. Plus, they’ve simply the tiniest little bit of crunch from the cinnamon sugar coating that envelopes them. The mix is to die for.
What Are Snickerdoodles?
A snickerdoodle is a well-liked kind of sugar cookie. What units it other than different sugar cookies? Cream of tarter is added to the dough to provide a delicate tang and an addictive chewiness to the completed product. As well as, the dough balls are rolled in a combination of cinnamon and sugar earlier than they’re baked, which supplies the cookies a beautiful heat and an additional enhance of sweetness.
You’ll solely want a number of primary components to make these straightforward snickerdoodle cookies. Right here they’re. For exact measurements, scroll to the recipe card beneath.
- All-purpose flour – Make sure you measure your flour precisely otherwise you’ll find yourself with dry cookies. I desire a meals scale, however the spoon and stage methodology works too. Simply make sure to not pack your flour into your measuring cup.
- Cream of tartar – Don’t skip this. It brings a beautiful chewiness and a beautiful tang to the completed cookies.
- Baking soda – For simply the appropriate rise and chewiness.
- Salt – To accent the flavors within the cookies.
- Unsalted butter – The butter have to be at room temperature, in any other case, it received’t cream with the sugar correctly.
- Sugar – Sugar provides sweetness and helps to make the cookies tender.
- Eggs – Make sure you use massive eggs, not medium or additional massive.
- Vanilla extract – For taste.
- Floor cinnamon – For rolling the cookies.
Learn how to Make Snickerdoodles
Right here’s a fast take a look at find out how to make this chewy snickerdoodle recipe. Ensure that to scroll to the recipe card beneath for extra thorough directions.
- Prep. Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the dry components. Whisk collectively the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
- Cream the butter and sugar. Beat collectively the butter and 1 1/2 cups of sugar till fluffy and lightweight in shade.
- Put all of it collectively. Combine within the eggs, separately, adopted by the vanilla and the dry components.
- Coat the cookies in cinnamon sugar. Whisk collectively the remaining cinnamon and sugar. Roll the cookie dough into balls and roll every ball within the cinnamon sugar.
- Bake. Organize the cookie dough balls on the baking sheet and bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Cool. Permit the cookies to chill for a few minutes on the baking sheet earlier than transferring to a cooling rack.
Can I Make The Dough In Advance?
Completely! Merely wrap the dough in a good layer of plastic wrap and refrigerate it for as much as 48 hours. You may also retailer it within the freezer for as much as 3 months. When you’re able to bake your cookies, let the dough sit at room temperature till it’s smooth sufficient to scoop. Make dough balls, roll them in cinnamon sugar, organize them on a baking sheet, and bake.
Professional Suggestions for Success
Need to be a snickerdoodle cookie grasp? Observe these easy ideas and methods and also you’ll be in your means!
- Use a darkish cookie sheet. Do you know that the colour of the cookie sheet truly has an impact on how shortly your cookies bake? A darkish shade will take up warmth extra shortly, which helps set the sides with out inflicting the cookies to unfold. That’s precisely what you need right here, so seize the darkest pan you’ve bought!
- Measure accurately. Baking is a science. Even if you end up making an attempt the only of recipes, it’s essential to measure accurately, particularly in relation to flour. If you wish to obtain the right mild, chewy texture, try my tutorial on Learn how to Measure Flour Accurately.
- Cream totally. Creaming the butter correctly brings a pleasant mild and fluffy texture to those cookies. Beat the butter and sugar collectively till the combination is fluffy and noticeably lighter in shade. In any other case, you’ll probably find yourself with overly dense cookies.
- Don’t over-mix. Combine simply till the whole lot is integrated. Over-mixing the batter could cause the glutens within the flour to overdevelop, leaving you with robust, dense cookies.
- Get the temperature proper. Most cookies bake at 350°F, however these ones require a better temperature (400°F) to cease them from spreading too skinny. Stick to the directions within the recipe if you would like that basic smooth and chewy snickerdoodle texture.
Permit the cookies to chill fully earlier than transferring them to an hermetic container. Seal the container and retailer them at room temperature for as much as 1 week. Don’t retailer these within the fridge. They may dry out.
Can I Freeze These?
Sure! There are a few methods to go about it.
- Freeze the baked cookies. As soon as the cookies have cooled to room temperature, seal them in an hermetic container and retailer them within the freezer for as much as 3 months. When you’re able to get pleasure from, enable the cookies to thaw at room temperature.
- Freeze the cookie dough. Type the dough into balls and roll them within the cinnamon sugar. Organize them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and pop them within the freezer for 3-4 hours. As soon as frozen stable, seal the dough balls in a freezer-safe container and retailer them within the freezer for as much as 3 months. You’ll be able to bake them straight from frozen. Simply add an additional minute or two to the prepare dinner time.
Cookies are the right fast and straightforward answer to dessert. I’m at all times on a mission to develop new, straightforward cookie recipes to share with you. Listed here are a few of my favorites.
Watch Learn how to Make Snickerdoodles
Tender, buttery and barely tangy sugar cookies are coated in cinnamon sugar and baked to perfection on this basic dessert! Whip up a batch of those Chewy Snickerdoodle Cookies and expertise blissful consolation with every cozy chunk.
- 2 3/4 cups (358g) all-purpose flour (measured accurately)
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (168g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups (310g) sugar, plus 3 tbsp for rolling
- 2 massive eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp floor cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Put together a cookie sheet (I like to recommend a darker cookie sheet) with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Mix the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a medium sized bowl. Put aside.
- Add the butter and 1 1/2 cups of sugar to a big mixer bowl and cream till mild in shade and fluffy in texture, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs separately, mixing till mixed after every. Scrape down the perimeters of the bowl, as wanted.
- Add the vanilla extract and blend till properly mixed.
- Add the dry components and blend till mixed.
- Mix the remaining 3 tablespoons of sugar with the cinnamon in one other small bowl.
- Create balls of 1 tablespoon of cookie dough every.
- Roll every ball of cookie dough within the cinnamon sugar combination, then set on the ready cookie sheet with about 2 inches between them.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Take away cookies from the oven and permit to take a seat for 2-3 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Retailer cookies in an hermetic container.
- Makes 40-45 cookies.
- To Make Forward: Wrap dough in a good layer of plastic wrap and refrigerate for as much as 48 hours. When able to bake, let dough sit at room temperature till smooth sufficient to scoop.
- To Retailer: Preserve cooled snickerdoodles in an hermetic container at room temperature for as much as 1 week.
- To Freeze: Freeze cooled cookies in an hermetic container for as much as 3 months, thawing earlier than having fun with. Alternatively, freeze shaped and coated dough balls on a lined baking sheet for 3-4 hours, or till frozen stable. Switch frozen dough balls to a freezer-safe container and retailer for as much as 3 months. Bake straight from frozen, growing prepare dinner time by 1-2 minutes.
- Serving Dimension: 1 Cookie Ball
- Energy: 86
- Sugar: 6.7 g
- Sodium: 57.7 mg
- Fats: 3.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.9 g
- Protein: 1.1 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 16.4 mg
Key phrases: snickerdoodles, snickerdoodle cookies, chewy snickerdoodle recipe