HELLO GORGEOUS. The countdown to baking season is on and over the subsequent few weeks, I’ll be sharing probably the most scrumptious do-it-yourself frosting recipes which are excellent for your whole baking adventures.
Let’s kick it off with probably the most unbelievable, insanely fluffy peanut butter frosting that comes from my well-known Rattling Good Peanut Butter Banana Cake. It’s made with simply 5 easy elements, will get whipped to perfection proper in your electrical mixer, and is filled with fantastic peanut butter taste.
After I examined the peanut butter banana cake years in the past I actually couldn’t cease dipping fruit, pretzels, and crackers within the frosting leftovers. It’s really excellent for truffles, cookies, brownies, and naturally, by the spoonful for a bit candy deal with. Whip this up to your bestie’s birthday and watch them do backflips with pleasure.
Elements in the very best peanut butter frosting
This simple peanut butter frosting is made with simply 5 elements and comes collectively in minutes. The feel is SO fluffy and it tastes completely candy and scrumptious. Right here’s what you’ll want:
- Butter: this recipe is basically a peanut butter buttercream frosting, so the bottom is (after all) made with butter! See under for a straightforward vegan and dairy free swap.
- Peanut butter: you’ll want to use a pure, creamy peanut butter that’s produced from simply peanuts and salt. Use the code ‘AMBITIOUS15‘ to get 15% off of my fav nut butter model, Wild Mates.
- Powdered sugar: this frosting will get its sweetness from powdered sugar! It helps it get good and fluffy, too.
- Vanilla: a bit vanilla extract brings the flavors all collectively. Learn to make your personal vanilla right here!
- Milk: you’ll probably want so as to add a few tablespoons of milk to make the frosting creamy. No heavy cream mandatory! Be at liberty to make use of any milk you’d like.
Seeking to make it dairy free?
It’s simple! Merely swap the butter for a vegan buttery stick like Earth Stability to make a vegan/dairy free peanut butter frosting.
Can I make it refined sugar free?
Certain! Strive utilizing my do-it-yourself paleo powdered sugar as a substitute of normal powdered sugar. The paleo model makes use of coconut sugar as a substitute. Please be aware that I’ve solely tried this frosting utilizing common powdered sugar, so let me know if the feedback in case you attempt the paleo variety.
The best way to make peanut butter frosting
- Whip the bottom. Begin by beating collectively softened butter and peanut butter on excessive within the bowl of an electrical stand mixer till it’s mild and fluffy. Don’t have a stand mixer? Be at liberty to make use of a hand mixer!
- Add the mix-ins. Slowly beat within the powdered sugar, vanilla, and a bit almond milk.
- Enhance the pace. Beat the frosting collectively on excessive for about 2 minutes in order that the frosting will get these stunning peaks. Add one other tablespoon of milk in case you’d wish to make it further creamy, then get pleasure from! I like to recommend utilizing an offset spatula to frost your truffles.
How a lot frosting does it make?
This recipe will make sufficient frosting to frost 3 6-inch spherical truffles or 2 8-inch spherical truffles. Should you’d wish to frost an 8×8 or 9×9-inch sq. cake I like to recommend halving the recipe.
The important thing to fluffy frosting
To make this peanut butter frosting attain an excellent fluffy consistency you’ll need to whip collectively the entire elements slowly and improve the pace of your electrical mixer as you go. This can create stunning peaks within the frosting and make it tremendous simple to frost your favourite treats. Don’t overlook so as to add a bit little bit of milk at a time as wanted, this can even assist to make the frosting simpler to unfold.
Scrumptious methods to make use of it
The best way to retailer do-it-yourself peanut butter frosting
- At room temp: this peanut butter frosting will keep good at room temp for a few day on a cake.
- Within the fridge: be at liberty to maintain the frosting within the fridge for as much as per week in case you’re seeking to put together it forward of time. Let the frosting come to room temp earlier than utilizing it. After you’ve frosted your cake or one other dessert, I additionally advocate storing the cake within the fridge after someday.
Freeze it for later
You possibly can freeze this peanut butter frosting for as much as 3 months in an hermetic container or freezer-friendly bag. Once you’re prepared to make use of it, merely let it thaw within the fridge, let it come to room temp, after which re-whip it in your electrical mixer.
Cake recipes you’ll love
Get all of my cake recipes right here!
I hope you’re keen on this simple, fluffy peanut butter frosting recipe! Should you make it you’ll want to go away a remark and a score so I understand how you preferred it. Get pleasure from, xo!
Fluffy Peanut Butter Frosting
Dreamy, fluffy peanut butter frosting whipped to perfection with 5 easy elements. This simple peanut butter frosting recipe could be made vegan and dairy free with a easy swap and is ideal for truffles, cupcakes, cookies, and even dipping!
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature (or sub vegan butter)
- ½ cup pure creamy peanut butter (simply peanuts + salt)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk (or milk of alternative), to make the frosting creamy
Within the bowl of an electrical mixer, add the softened butter and peanut butter and whip on excessive till mild and fluffy. Add powdered sugar, vanilla and a pair of tablespoons almond milk. Beat gradual at first, then improve pace to excessive and beat for about two minutes. Frosting must be good and creamy, if you need it further creamy, add one other tablespoon of almond milk and beat once more.
Unfold in your favourite cake, cupcakes, cookies, or no matter your coronary heart wishes!