This Gluten-Free Tomato and Leek Focaccia bakes up simply as ethereal, chewy, and pillowy as the unique. Focaccia is an ideal car for many any topping you want, however we caught to traditional flavors with this gluten-free model.
Gluten-Free Tomato and Leek Focaccia
- 1½ cups (360 grams) heat water (105°F/41°C to 110°F/43°C)
- 4 teaspoons (16 grams) granulated sugar, divided
- 1 (0.25-ounce) bundle (7 grams) energetic dry yeast*
- 3⅓ cups (465 grams) gluten-free all-purpose flour (see Notes)
- 2 tablespoons (11 grams) dry milk (see Notes)
- 4 teaspoons (12 grams) kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon (9 grams) xanthan gum (see Notes)
- 1¼ teaspoons (6.25 grams) baking powder
- ¼ cup (57 grams) plus 2 tablespoons (28 grams) olive oil, divided
- 1 cup (140 grams) cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon (3 grams) minced contemporary oregano
- ¼ teaspoon floor black pepper
- 3 tablespoons (15 grams) sliced leek (white and light-weight inexperienced elements solely)
- Garnish: flaked sea salt, chopped contemporary oregano
- In a small bowl, mix 1½ cups (360 grams) heat water, 1 teaspoon (4 grams) sugar, and yeast. Let stand till foamy, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Within the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat flour, dry milk, kosher salt, xanthan gum, baking powder, and remaining 3 teaspoons (12 grams) sugar at low pace simply till mixed. Add yeast combination and ¼ cup (57 grams) oil. Beat at medium pace till mixed and elastic, about 5 minutes. (Dough can be comfortable and sticky, virtually resembling a thick muffin batter, however ought to maintain collectively in a ball while you scrape the perimeters of the bowl.) Cowl and let stand at room temperature for half-hour. (Dough is not going to totally rise however ought to puff .)
- Generously spray a 13×9-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Line pan with parchment paper; spray parchment. Switch dough to ready pan. Utilizing moist arms, fastidiously unfold and press dough towards edges of pan in a good layer. Utilizing your fingers, dimple floor. Cowl and let stand for half-hour.
- Place oven rack in heart of oven. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Drizzle remaining 2 tablespoons (28 grams) oil over dough. High with tomatoes, oregano, and pepper. Place pan in oven, and instantly scale back oven temperature to 375°F (190°C).
- Bake till prime is puffed, about 20 minutes. Fastidiously prime with leek. Bake till focaccia is golden, about 10 minutes extra. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Take away from pan, and place on a wire rack. Serve heat, or let cool utterly. Retailer in an hermetic container for as much as 3 days.
There are a lot of varieties and blends of gluten-free flours; gluten-free all-purpose
flour is completely different from a gluten-free cup-for-cup substitution, which doesn’t work properly for yeasted merchandise. Make sure you use gluten-free all-purpose fl our for this recipe.
Including dry milk to a gluten-free dough will increase the protein content material of the dough
with out impacting moisture degree and doesn’t add a noticeable taste.
Xanthan gum is added to assist bind and stabilize the dough.