I am utilizing an fascinating ingredient on this gradual cooker gammon to present it a beautiful sweetness, in addition to serving to to maintain it good and tender.
I may ask you to scroll down to seek out the reply, however I will not do this to you!
It is Coca Cola! Yep cooking gammon in coke may appear a bit of weird, however it works so nicely!
It takes minimal effort to prep this recipe, with the gradual cooker is doing a lot of the work. We’re additionally going to complete it off with a fast honey mustard glaze to present the gammon a candy sticky end.
Take some good skinny slices of this tender candy slow-cooked gammon and serve it on some buttered contemporary bread, it tastes implausible 😋
To make this gradual cooker gammon you are going to want:
- Gammon joint – I am utilizing a 2.5kg smoked Gammon. You need to use smoked or unsmoked, your desire – what sort of bacon do you want? Go along with the identical desire.
- Full Fats Coca cola (not eating regimen coke) – sufficient to fully cowl the gammon – I exploit about 3 litres.
- Spices together with, cinnamon, floor ginger, allspice and floor black pepper.
What is the distinction between Ham and Gammon?
Gammon is a joint of pork that is been cured (by smoking, brining or salting), much like that of bacon, and is bought uncooked. Ham has both been dry-cured or cooked.
🍖 Technically as soon as you’ve got cooked your gammon it turns into ham!
👩🍳 How to make it
Full recipe with detailed steps within the printable recipe card on the finish of this submit.
- Begin by eradicating the gammon joint from its packaging and take away any butcher twine or netting.
- Add the gammon to the gradual cooker (or crock pot), pour over coke, and add the spices.
- Gradual prepare dinner for 4.5 hours on excessive or 6 hours on low.
- After that, we’ll take away the gammon, take away the pores and skin, rating the fats layer, and canopy it in a easy honey mustard glaze.
- Bake it within the oven at 190C (375F) for 20-25 minutes
👩🍳PRO TIP Line your baking tray with foil as a result of the glaze could bake onto the tray making it tough to scrub off later.
Do not wish to use the gradual cooker?
If you happen to do not wish to use the gradual cooker then you’ll be able to attempt my baked ham.
🍽️ What to serve it with
I wish to serve this as a centerpiece of a buffet that the entire household can dig into. Scroll down for some extra buffet concepts, however you would serve it like this:
- On a sandwich with some contemporary bread
- Take skinny slices and switch them into ham and cheese stuffed croissants < a Christmas Breakfast favorite!
- As an accompaniment to salads equivalent to my Pasta Salad.
- Or go for that British basic of gammon and pineapple (I like so as to add a fried egg) and a few chips (fries)
If in case you have any leftovers then why not make them right into a tasty Turkey and Ham Pasta Bake
🍲 Extra Festive Buffet Recipes
Keep up to date with new recipes!
Subscribe to the e-newsletter to listen to after I submit a brand new recipe. I’m additionally on YouTube (new movies each week) and Instagram (behind-the-scenes tales & stunning meals photographs).
Gradual Cooker Gammon Recipe
The elements may sound bizarre however belief me this gradual cooker gammon is tender and has a pleasant sweetness. Minimal prep time and the gradual cooker is doing a lot of the work.
Place the gammon joint within the gradual cooker, add cola, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and pepper.
2 kg – 2.5kg (4.5-5.5lb) gammon joint, 3 litres (~100 fl oz) full fats cola, 1 cinnamon stick, 1 tsp floor ginger, ½ tsp allspice, ½ tsp floor black pepper
Prepare dinner on excessive for 4.5 hours or low for six hours. (See Be aware 1)
Take away from gradual cooker, discard all however 2 tbsp of the cooking liquid. Place on a chopping board. Go away to chill for 10 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 190C/375F and line a baking tray with foil.
Utilizing a pointy knife, rigorously take away the pores and skin from the ham joint. Go away as a lot of the fats as doable behind.
Rating the layer of fats in diamond patterns utilizing a pointy knife.
In a small bowl, combine collectively the glaze elements, plus 2 tbsp of the cooking liquid, till mixed.
100 g (½ cup) mild gentle brown sugar, 4 tbsp honey, 2 tbsp Dijon mustard, ½ tsp floor cinnamon, ¼ tsp floor cloves
Spoon ¾ of the combination on high of the ham. Place within the oven and prepare dinner for 20-25 minutes, basting with the remaining glaze within the final 10 minutes of cooking.
Take away from the oven and relaxation the meat for 10 minutes earlier than carving.
- If you happen to’re nervous about there being a line on the gammon the place it is submerged within the liquid then you’ll be able to flip it midway via the gradual cooking stage, though I did not discover this to be an issue.
Dietary info is per serving. There are approx. 12 servings on this recipe.
Energy: 256kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 37gFats: 5gSaturated Fats: 2gPolyunsaturated Fats: 1gMonounsaturated Fats: 2gTrans Fats: 0.03gLdl cholesterol: 103mgSodium: 157mgPotassium: 623mgFiber: 0.4gSugar: 14gVitamin A: 16IUVitamin C: 0.1mgCalcium: 34mgIron: 1mg
A number of the hyperlinks on this submit could also be affiliate hyperlinks – which implies should you purchase the product I get a small fee (at no further price to you). If you happen to do purchase, then thanks! That’s what helps us to maintain Kitchen Sanctuary working. The dietary info offered is approximate and may differ relying on a number of components. For extra info please see our Phrases & Situations.