Greek hen kabobs on the grill are filled with taste and coloration to make any yard barbecue really feel like a celebration!
Marinated in a light-weight and lemony souvlaki-inspired marinade, hen is threaded onto skewers with a rainbow of veggies and grilled till tender and juicy.
These hen kabobs are the right make-ahead really feel good form of meal.
Greek Hen Kabobs
- Mediterranean-style shish-kabob are a breeze to prep and sizzle on the grill.
- Low in energy, low carb, and taste packed, they’re excellent for prepping forward!
- Make extras, this hen kabob recipe is ideal for meal prep. They’re nice over salad or tucked right into a pita served heat or chilly.
- Prepare dinner these on the grill or within the oven strategies to get pleasure from all of them 12 months lengthy.
- They go splendidly with salads, rice, or a glass of wine.
Components for Hen Kabobs
- Marinade: Contemporary lemon, garlic, and a sprinkle of seasonings are all you want. We love oregano however add in your favourite Greek Seasoning mix.
- Hen: Contemporary or frozen and thawed will work. Use boneless skinless hen breasts or hen thighs on this recipe.
- Greens: Dive into the colour wheel; these kabobs are vibrant with bell peppers, zucchini, and purple onion.
Variations – Mushrooms, par-cooked child potatoes, skinny slices of corn on the cob, cherry tomatoes, halved Brussels sprouts, and even thick chunks of bread may be threaded onto skewers with hen.
The right way to Make Greek Hen Kabobs
- Put together the marinade as described within the recipe under.
- Marinate the hen within the fridge for at the very least half-hour.
- Toss ready greens with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Thread hen and greens on skewers and grill on medium-high warmth till the hen reaches 165°F. Serve with lemon wedges if desired.
Within the Oven:
- Put together skewers as directed above.
- Place them on a foil-lined pan and bake at 350°F for 15-17 minutes or broil for 5-6 minutes or till hen reaches 165°F, turning as wanted.
- Take away the hen and greens from the skewers and maintain them in an hermetic container within the fridge for 3 to 4 days. Get pleasure from chilly over a salad or in a wrap, or reheat hen and greens collectively in a pan on the stovetop with a bit oil till heated by means of.
- Freeze leftovers (off the skewers) in zippered baggage for as much as one month and thaw within the fridge till able to reheat.
Did you get pleasure from these Greek Hen Kabobs? Be sure you go away a score and a remark under!
Greek Hen Kabobs
Greek hen kabobs are a light-weight, wholesome, and scrumptious meal, filled with diet and taste!
In a medium bowl, mix ⅓ cup olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Add the hen, toss effectively to coat, and refrigerate for at the very least half-hour or as much as 4 hours.
Place the greens in a big bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
Take away hen from the marinade, permitting extra to drip off. Discard the marinade and thread the hen and greens onto skewers.
Preheat the grill to medium-high warmth. Add the skewers and prepare dinner, turning incessantly, for 10 to fifteen minutes or till the hen is cooked by means of and reaches an inner temperature of 165°F.
Serve the skewers with lemon wedges and tzatziki if desired.
To make prepare dinner these hen kebabs within the oven, put together the skewers as directed. Place skewers on a foil-lined pan and switch the broiler on excessive. Broil 4-5″ from the warmth for 5-6 minutes per facet or till hen reaches 165°F.
Energy: 388 | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 38g | Fats: 23g | Saturated Fats: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 3g | Monounsaturated Fats: 14g | Trans Fats: 0.02g | Ldl cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 496mg | Potassium: 921mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1201IU | Vitamin C: 79mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1mg
Vitamin info supplied is an estimate and can range based mostly on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photograph use coverage right here.