That is a straightforward facet dish we make all yr lengthy and considered one of my all time favourite salads!
This Greek salad recipe is packed stuffed with recent cucumbers and tomatoes, crisp bell pepper, feta cheese, and olives, and wearing a fast zippy French dressing.
It makes an ideal lunch or is ideal served alongside nearly any meal.
A Favourite Aspect Salad
- Stays recent for days: No lettuce means this Greek salad recipe received’t wilt, making it an ideal alternative for meal prep, picnics, and potlucks.
- Versatile: Add a hearty grain or your go-to cooked and cooled pasta with a bit of additional dressing.
- Make it a meal: High it with some protein to make it a meal; strive grilled hen or shrimp.
- A meal prep favourite: Plan forward for every week’s price of healthful, low-cal lunches. Lay it atop a mattress of Romaine, quinoa, and even some flavorful beans.
- A straightforward crowd-pleaser: Its shiny, recent flavors and crisp texture may have everybody asking for seconds. Plus, it’s fast to toss collectively.
Greek Salad Substances
- Tomatoes are a staple on this salad. Select any number of recent ripe tomatoes. If prepping forward, Roma tomatoes or grape tomatoes maintain up properly.
- Cucumbers and bell pepper are all in regards to the crunch and freshness. We use inexperienced bell pepper however add no matter coloration you’d like. There isn’t a have to peel the cucumber.
- Crimson Onion provides a punch of taste. To scale back the chunk a little bit bit, soak the slices in chilly, salted water if you happen to’d like.
- Olives – Kalamata olives add nice taste to this recipe. In the event you aren’t a fan, you may depart them out of this recipe or strive swapping them for black olives, inexperienced olives, or capers!
- Feta Cheese – Greek salad isn’t the identical with out cheese. A conventional Greek salad serves the feta cheese in a big slice on the salad, nevertheless, we wish to crumble it to get the salty taste in each chunk.
Greek Salad Dressing
Greek salad dressing must be quite simple, this lets you actually style the recent veggies.
The recipe beneath attire the salad with a quite simple combination of oil, pink wine vinegar, and recent lemon juice with a sprinkle of oregano.
In case you have a bottle of Greek salad dressing you should utilize that too however on this combination, we desire the easy recent dressing.
Feeling Fancy? In case you have recent herbs available, like oregano, parsley, or recent dill, sprinkle a little bit bit on prime.
Tips on how to Make Greek Salad
- Chop the greens into giant chunks.
- Place the dressing in a jar and shake properly (per the recipe beneath).
- Toss and garnish with feta & parsley, if desired.
Storing Greek Salad
Maintain leftover Greek salad in a lined container for as much as 4 days. Add some recent veggies and a sprinkle of feta cheese to make it pretty much as good as new!
Recent Veggie Salads
Did you get pleasure from this Greek Salad? You’ll want to depart a ranking and a remark beneath!
This recent Greek salad recipe is a straightforward mixture of recent veggies, olives, and feta tossed in a recent and simple dressing.
Mix all dressing elements in a small bowl and blend properly or shake in a jar.
In a big bowl, mix tomatoes, cucumber, inexperienced pepper, pink onion, and olives.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss properly to mix.
Add feta cheese and garnish with parsley if desired.
We like Roma tomatoes as they maintain up properly on this salad however any tomatoes will work.
This salad will maintain for as much as 4 days within the fridge. If desired, retailer the dressing individually and add when serving.
I often begin the salad by slicing the onion and soaking it in a little bit of salted ice water. That is non-compulsory however will soften the flavour.
The feta cheese might be served sliced or crumbled over the salad.
Energy: 146 | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 3g | Fats: 13g | Saturated Fats: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 8g | Ldl cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 377mg | Potassium: 209mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 500IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 1mg
Diet data supplied is an estimate and can fluctuate primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photograph use coverage right here.