Add this contemporary tortellini salad recipe to your weekend menu, stat! It options tacky spinach tortellini tossed in my all-time favourite inexperienced goddess dressing, layered with lemony contemporary greens and seasoned spring or summer season greens.
This pasta dish manages to be gentle but hearty on the similar time, which is an actual feat. It’s fast to make, however seems to be spectacular. It’s versatile, too—you’ll see fairly a couple of vegetable choices under. Select uncooked greens for the best preparation, as I did for these photographs, or incorporate some shortly blanched greens, like asparagus, to develop your choices.
My wholesome selfmade inexperienced goddess dressing comes collectively shortly within the blender or meals processor. I recommend doubling the substances so you’ll be able to serve the additional as a veggie dip or refrigerate it for upcoming inexperienced salads. It’s actually pleasant to have available.
Select spinach tortellini over fundamental cheese tortellini to include much more greens. I hope you’ll give this recipe a attempt. This vegetarian pasta salad is an actual crowd pleaser!
Tortellini Salad Vegetable Choices
This tortellini salad is beautiful with contemporary spring and summer season greens in any mixture. The asterisks under denote greens that should be briefly cooked (blanched) within the leftover pasta cooking water earlier than utilizing. The recipe contains directions on the way to blanch these veggies. You should use a mix of contemporary and blanched greens if you happen to’d like, resembling contemporary fennel and blanched asparagus.
- Asparagus* (reduce into 2-inch segments; for thick spears, reduce them in half or quarter first)
- Bell pepper (reduce into quick strips)
- Broccoli* (florets thinly sliced)
- Cherry tomatoes (halved)
- Cucumber (quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced)
- Fennel (thinly sliced)
- Inexperienced beans*
- Peas* (contemporary or frozen)
- Sugar-snap peas (thinly sliced)
- Yellow squash (quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced)
- Zucchini (quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced)
Extra Contemporary Pastas to Attempt
Under are a couple of extra pasta recipes that includes contemporary spring produce, or browse all pasta recipes right here.
Please let me understand how your tortellini salad seems within the feedback! I really like listening to from you.
Inexperienced Goddess Tortellini Salad
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: 10 minutes
- Complete Time: half-hour
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings 1x
- Class: Aspect dish
- Methodology: Cooked
- Delicacies: Italian
- Food plan: Vegetarian
This vegetarian tortellini salad recipe options tacky spinach tortellini tossed in wholesome selfmade inexperienced goddess dressing, layered throughout a platter with lemony contemporary greens and seasoned greens. Recipe yields 4 to six servings.
- 1 batch Inexperienced Goddess Dressing
- 2 packages (8 to 10 ounces every) spinach or cheese tortellini
- 1 teaspoon salt, extra to style
- 3 cups spring greens*
- 2 handfuls of child arugula
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- Flaky sea salt, to style (optionally available)
- Fill a big pot with water and add 1 teaspoon salt. Convey it to a boil over excessive warmth. (If you may be blanching any greens, fill a big bowl with ice and water, and set it apart.)
- In the meantime, put together the dressing, and set it apart.
- As soon as the water is boiling, prepare dinner the tortellini in accordance with bundle instructions. If you happen to’re utilizing contemporary greens, you’ll be able to go forward and pressure the tortellini as typical.
- If you may be blanching any greens, reuse the boiling water—simply use a slotted spoon to switch the tortellini to a strainer and set them apart. Add the veggies to the boiling water and prepare dinner for 4 to six minutes, till they’re straightforward to pierce by with a fork. Pressure the greens, then instantly dunk them into the ice tub to chill. After about 5 minutes, take away the greens with a slotted spoon and drain them effectively.
- Rinse the nice and cozy tortellini effectively beneath cool operating water and set them apart.
- In a bowl, mix the ready greens (blanched or contemporary), arugula, olive oil, and lemon juice. Stir to mix, and season with salt liberally, to style. Put aside.
- Within the cooking pot, mix the cooked tortellini and the entire dressing. Gently stir till evenly coated.
- To assemble, pour half of the dressed tortellini off-center onto a big serving platter. Gently pile about half of the arugula combination on high and to the aspect of the noodles. Repeat with the remaining tortellini, adopted by the remaining arugula combination. Finely grate some contemporary lemon zest over the dish (about ¼th of a medium lemon’s value). End it with a lightweight sprinkle of flaky salt, you probably have it.
- Serve promptly, or refrigerate for later. This dish is greatest consumed inside 2 hours, although it can hold effectively for as much as 4 days.
Recipe impressed by Melissa Clark’s Inexperienced Goddess Pasta Salad.
*Vegetable choices: Contemporary vegetable choices embrace thinly sliced fennel, yellow squash, zucchini, cucumber, sugar-snap peas, halved cherry tomatoes, and quick strips of bell pepper. Greens that ought to be blanched embrace asparagus (reduce into 2-inch segments; for thick spears, reduce them in half or quarter first), peas (contemporary or frozen), inexperienced beans, or broccoli (florets thinly sliced).
▸ Vitamin Data
Did you make this recipe?