Crisp lettuce, cubed mozzarella, and diced salami in a purple wine French dressing. So colourful, so vibrant, and so so good!
Salad for dinner? Sure, please!
This salad is something however boring right here. Loaded with crisp romaine and radicchio lettuce, cubed mozzarella, dry Italian salami and a vibrant purple wine French dressing, this salad will knock your socks off.
The do-it-yourself dressing is completely key right here. The ingredient record is brief too with just some pantry staples – further virgin olive oil, purple wine vinegar, Dijon, garlic, oregano and crushed purple pepper flakes (for a bit bit of warmth, if desired).
And the perfect half? Prep time is stored to a minimal as there may be zero cooking concerned and the whole lot may be diced/prepped/assembled beforehand. Simply you’ll want to toss your salad proper earlier than serving for max freshness. And don’t neglect so as to add your ending touches with freshly shaved Parm!
- 1 head romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1 cup chopped radicchio lettuce
- 8 ounces recent mozzarella, lower into 1/4-inch cubes
- 4 ounces dry Italian salami, lower into matchsticks
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced black olives, rinsed and drained
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- ½ English cucumber, diced
- 6 pepperoncini, sliced
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- ⅓ cup chopped purple onion
- ½ cup shaved Parmesan
for the dressing
- ½ cup further virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons purple wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed purple pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly floor black pepper, to style
To assemble the salad, place romaine and radicchio in a big bowl; high mozzarella, salami, chickpeas, olives, bell pepper, cucumber, pepperoncini, tomatoes and purple onion. Pour the dressing on high of the salad and gently toss to mix. High with Parmesan.
for the dressing
In a medium bowl, whisk collectively olive oil, vinegar, Dijon, garlic, oregano and purple pepper flakes; season with salt and pepper, to style.