You can also make a batch of maple bacon brussels sprouts in simply half-hour! They end up so crisp and fantastically caramelized each time. Solely 6 components!
The BEST Maple Bacon Brussel Sprouts
Take your roasted brussels sprouts to the following degree and make maple glazed brussels sprouts! Actually, if something on my web site may very well be known as a taste bomb, this recipe can be it. These sprouts are evenly candy with a sticky maple glaze, smokey paprika, and crisp bacon. They’re so superb, I may barely take any photographs as a result of everybody simply wished to eat them proper off the baking sheet!
Why you have to attempt them:
- Pairs effectively with so many dishes, from pulled hen to glazed salmon.
- Simply half-hour from begin to end! Most of that’s passive time, too, which means you possibly can focus in your predominant course.
- A show-stopping, easy aspect that would be the star of the dinner desk. These are nice for serving on holidays or simply your common weeknight dinner!
- Did I point out flavorful they’re? Between the bacon, maple syrup, and sprinkling of smoked paprika they’re really superb. I’d guess you’ve by no means had brussels sprouts like this earlier than.
What You Want
I’m protecting this recipe tremendous easy and utilizing simply six components! Let’s briefly go over them earlier than we get began.
- Brussels sprouts. Keep on with contemporary brussels sprouts as frozen are usually mushier. Additionally, don’t throw away the little leaves that fall off when you’re chopping your sprouts in half–these will get good and crispy on the baking sheet!
- Maple syrup. Similar to with my maple glazed salmon, be sure that to make use of pure maple syrup to your maple bacon brussel sprouts. Don’t use pancake syrup! Will probably be a lot too candy.
- Bacon. Use uncooked bacon (not pre-cooked bacon “bits”); it can cook dinner on the baking sheet alongside the brussels sprouts (and also you guys know I like cooking my bacon within the oven anyway). It will infuse the sprouts with SO a lot taste!
- Smoked paprika. A secret ingredient in my hen and rice soup, smoked paprika provides a delicate taste that pairs SO effectively with the bacon and maple flavors right here.
- Salt and pepper. Add these to style. In case your brussels sprouts style something however tremendous flavorful, they merely want extra salt!
SAM’S TIP: When you have some bigger brussels sprouts within the combine, take into account quartering them as a substitute of simply chopping them in half. The objective is to have the entire brussels sprouts reduce to the identical measurement in order that they cook dinner evenly.
That is simply an outline of the components I used and why. For the complete recipe please scroll all the way down to the underside of the publish!
Methods to Make Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts
- Whisk collectively the maple syrup, spices, and salt in a bowl, then add the brussels sprouts and bacon and toss to coat. Evenly distribute the combination onto a foil lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes on excessive warmth (425F).
- Take away from the oven, stir, then bake for one more 10 minutes. Stir as soon as extra, then bake for an extra 5 minutes earlier than eradicating. Examine for doneness: the bacon ought to be crisp and the sprouts ought to be caramelized. Bake for longer if wanted, however watch out to not allow them to burn.
SAM’S TIP: Be sure that to look at your sprouts carefully as they will go from caramelized to burnt quick. If yours must bake longer than the indicated time, watch carefully and stir typically.
Incessantly Requested Questions
You can make these brussels sprouts forward of time; nevertheless, they are surely finest served instantly after getting ready. In the event you do must reheat them, I extremely recommend doing so within the oven because the microwave may make them soggy.
Honestly, maple bacon brussel sprouts style finest heat from the oven. Nevertheless, you possibly can retailer them in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3 days. Reheat within the microwave, over medium-low warmth on the stovetop, or within the oven. The sprouts can be softer after reheating.
Soggy brussels sprouts are tasty, however not practically as tasty as completely caramelized, crispy brussels sprouts! To forestall this, preheat your oven forward of time so its good and scorching, be sure to don’t overcrowd your pan, and place most (if not all) of the brussels reduce side-down on the baking sheet.
Toss in some pecans for much more texture and taste!
Get pleasure from!
Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts
You can also make a batch of maple bacon brussels sprouts in simply 25 minutes! They end up so crisp and fantastically caramelized each time. Solely 6 components!
Servings: 4 servings
Stop your display from going darkish
Preheat oven to 425F (220C) and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil (makes cleanup a lot simpler).
Whisk collectively maple syrup, paprika, salt, and pepper in a big bowl. Add brussels sprouts and chopped bacon and stir collectively till effectively coated.
1 lb (453 g) brussels sprouts, 4 strips bacon, ¼ cup (60 ml) maple syrup, ¼ heaping teaspoon smoked paprika, Salt and pepper to style
Pour components evenly onto ready baking sheet and switch to middle rack of 425F (220C) oven. Prepare dinner for 25 minutes, stirring on the 10 minute and 20 minute mark.
Brussels sprouts are completed when the bacon is cooked and crisp, the sprouts are caramelized in coloration and tender when pierced with a fork. If yours want extra time than indicated, preserve an in depth eye on them as they will go from completely baked to burnt quick.
Serving: 1serving | Energy: 195kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 7g | Fats: 9g | Saturated Fats: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 4g | Trans Fats: 0.03g | Ldl cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 176mg | Potassium: 531mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 894IU | Vitamin C: 96mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 2mg
Dietary info is predicated on third-party calculations and ought to be thought-about an estimate solely. Precise dietary content material will fluctuate based mostly upon manufacturers used, measuring strategies, cooking methodology, portion sizes, and extra.