This Mediterranean bean salad is one in every of my all-time favourite salads and sides. Daring declare, I do know, however I can again it up. I’ve been loving this recipe for ten years operating now!
This salad is crisp and satisfying, contemporary and filled with brilliant Mediterranean flavors. The recipe options hearty kidney beans and chickpeas, which steadiness crisp cucumber, celery and crimson onion. The remaining easy elements—lemon and olive oil, garlic and plenty of contemporary leafy herbs—yield really irresistible outcomes.
This Mediterranean-style salad is ideal for spring picnics, summer time potlucks and comfy fall get-togethers. It’s a crowd-pleasing salad or aspect dish that fits most particular diets, too. The recipe is vegetarian, vegan and gluten free.
With how rapidly this salad comes collectively, it’s a simple addition to your weekend menu! It’s a easy chop, whisk and stir state of affairs that’s prepared in about 20 minutes. I hope this dish turns into one in every of your standby recipes, too.
How This Recipe Developed
Again in 2013, I discovered artistic aid from a not-so-interesting workplace job in books like Ethnic Delicacies by Elisabeth Rozin. On the particularly robust days, I handled myself to lunch at The Mediterranean Deli in Oklahoma Metropolis. It was my protected haven, a spot the place I might meet up with my favourite blogs whereas I waited for a scrumptious meal. I at all times walked out the door with a contented stomach, feeling like all the things was a little bit extra proper with the world.
I usually miss their kidney bean salad, which was a lot extra thrilling than it sounds. I discovered a recipe for a Lebanese bean salad in Ms. Rozin’s guide that appeared comparable. I tweaked it fairly a bit, so I’m not assured that it qualifies as Lebanese. I omitted the tomatoes and added chickpeas, celery and garlic. It’s broadly Mediterranean in taste profile.
If you happen to’re searching for the lemon-parsley hummus that I initially shared with this recipe, right here’s a PDF. Or, make my ultra-creamy hummus recipe and add as much as 3/4 cup contemporary flat-leaf parsley.
Watch Learn how to Make Mediterranean Bean Salad
Extra Mediterranean-Model Salads to Make
Please let me know the way your bean salad seems within the feedback. I like listening to from you.
Mediterranean Bean Salad
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Complete Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Class: Salad
- Methodology: By hand
- Delicacies: Mediterranean
- Weight loss program: Vegan
This Mediterranean-style bean salad recipe is delightfully crisp and satisfying. Its contemporary flavors embrace kidney beans, chickpeas, lemon, garlic and leafy herbs. This wholesome salad is vegan and gluten free, however principally simply scrumptious! Recipe yields about six 1-cup servings.
- 2 cans crimson kidney beans (15 ounces every), rinsed and drained, or 3 cups cooked kidney beans
- 1 can chickpeas (15 ounces), rinsed and drained, or 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 small crimson onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 stalks celery, sliced in half or thirds lengthwise and chopped (about ¾ cup)
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- ¾ cup chopped contemporary parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped contemporary dill or mint
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice (about 1 ½ lemons)
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Small pinch crimson pepper flakes
- In a serving bowl, mix the ready kidney beans, chickpeas, onion, celery, cucumber, parsley and dill.
- Make the lemon dressing: In a small bowl, whisk collectively the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper flakes till nicely blended. Pour the dressing over the salad and stir till mixed.
- Serve instantly for probably the most taste, or let it marinate within the fridge, coated, for a few hours or longer. Leftovers will preserve nicely, coated and refrigerated, for as much as 4 days. If vital, get up leftovers with a little bit sprinkle of salt or drizzle of lemon juice.
▸ Diet Data
Did you make this recipe?