This week I welcome again Stan Hieronymus to debate New Zealand hops, new hop varieties and their utility in India Pale Ales.
Obtain the MP3 File– Proper Click on and Save As to obtain this mp3 file.
Subjects in This Week’s Episode (50:54)
- This week I welcome again Stan Hieronymus. Stan is an professional on hops and writer of the books For the Love of Hops, Brew Like a Monk, Brewing Native and Brewing with Wheat (Amazon affiliate hyperlinks).
- We begin with a dialogue of a few of Stan’s current initiatives together with his current journey to New Zealand the place he met with a number of hop growers and producers.
- We speak about why Australian and New Zealand hops are so prized to be used in American IPAs and why they usually promote at a premium.
- Stan inform us what makes the NZ hops totally different than hops grown elsewhere, and why they’re so arduous to get.
- We talk about the most important hop varieties grown in NZ right this moment.
- Stan shares among the new hops which are being began in New Zealand and once we can anticipate a few of these to make it available on the market.
- We speak a bit about thiols, their use in hazy IPAs and merchandise like Illusion which is derived from grapes.
- Stan shares his ideas on sustaining stability in a beer and why an excessive amount of fruity aroma/taste will not be acceptable for a lot of beers.
- Stan shares his closing ideas.
iTunes Bulletins: I launched a brand new video channel for the BeerSmith podcast on iTunes, so subscribe now! In the mean time it can solely function the brand new widescreen episodes (#75 and up). Older episodes can be found on my revamped Youtube channel. Additionally all of my audio episodes are on iTunes now – so seize the older episodes should you missed any.
Ideas on the Podcast?
Go away me a remark under or go to our dialogue discussion board to go away a remark within the podcast part there.
Subscribe to the Podcast on iTunes or BeerSmith Radio
You may hearken to all of my podcast episodes streaming stay across the clock on our BeerSmith Radio on-line radio station! You may also subscribe to the audio or video utilizing the iTunes hyperlinks under, or the feed deal with
And at last, don’t neglect to subscribe to the weblog and my e-newsletter (or use the hyperlinks within the sidebar) – to get free weekly articles on house brewing.
Associated Beer Brewing Articles from BeerSmith:
Do not make one other unhealthy batch of beer! Give BeerSmith a attempt – you may brew your finest beer ever.
Obtain a free 21 day trial of BeerSmith now