Made with simply 5 components, these Peanut Butter Balls are a fast, simple no bake dessert. I add a secret ingredient to my recipe that makes the flavour and texture a fairly spot on dupe for Reese’s peanut butter cups! These are excellent for snacking, gifting, or on any vacation cookie platter!
Straightforward Peanut Butter Balls
Whereas peanut butter balls are a staple on my vacation dessert tray yearly, the combo of chocolate and peanut butter is fairly laborious to withstand any time of the yr!
To not point out, that is one in every of my favourite treats to make as a result of there’s completely no baking required. All you want is a mixer and a microwave.
Oh and also you’ll simply want 5 components – together with my secret ingredient, graham cracker crumbs. Why graham cracker crumbs? They add a refined sweetness and taste in addition to giving them the PERFECT texture…rather a lot like a Reese’s cup. It might appear a bit odd however belief me, it’s a recreation changer!
These will make the proper addition to your subsequent dessert tray with different treats like peanut butter fudge, chocolate lined strawberries, divinity sweet, and rum balls. Simply don’t be shocked after they disappear shortly.
Why You’ll Love This Peanut Butter Balls Recipe
Listed here are a couple of causes to like this chocolate peanut butter dessert.
- No baking required. That is a straightforward no bake recipe that the youngsters can assist with too. All you’ll want is a microwave to soften the chocolate!
- Good for gifting. Everybody loves these chocolate peanut butter balls, so why not present them across the holidays? They’re an excellent addition to any dessert platter too!
- Simply 5 components. These are made with easy components like peanut butter, semi-sweet chocolate, and powdered sugar.
Are Peanut Butter Balls The Identical As Buckeyes?
Type of! Whereas the components are the identical, buckeyes are solely partially dipped in chocolate, leaving the peanut butter exhibiting on the highest, to resemble the nuts from the buckeye tree.
These balls, however, are fully lined in chocolate. That mentioned, if you would like the buckeye look, simply don’t dip them fully in chocolate!
What You’ll Want
This simple peanut butter balls recipe is made with simply 5 components. See the recipe card under for measurements.
- Peanut butter – I like to make use of creamy peanut butter, equivalent to Jif or Skippy.
- Butter – I exploit salted butter for added taste however unsalted works too.
- Powdered sugar – Sweetens the peanut butter filling.
- Graham crackers – My secret ingredient! Graham crackers add a little bit of sweetness and texture.
- Chocolate – I like to make use of Ghirardelli Melting Wafers for dipping. They soften SO easy and style scrumptious. You don’t want so as to add an additional tablespoon of butter or shortening to the chocolate to skinny it out…it’s simply the proper consistency!
Listed here are a couple of enjoyable methods to customise your chocolate peanut butter balls.
- Form them into eggs or patties. For a particular Easter theme, you’ll be able to form your peanut butter balls into the form of an egg and make these Peanut Butter Eggs for Easter. They’re so a lot better than Reese’s Eggs…if that’s potential! OR when you simply desire a flatter patty-style, extra like a peanut butter cup (with out the difficulty of molds).
- Dip them into white chocolate or milk chocolate. Semi-sweet or darkish chocolate is my go-to, because it cuts the sweetness, however you’ll be able to completely swap it up!
- Attempt it with crunchy peanut butter. In the event you desire crunchy peanut butter, go forward and take a look at it in these buckeye balls.
- Add some mix-ins. In the event you actually wish to get artistic go forward and blend in some mini M&Ms or crushed pretzels! They may not be as completely spherical, however they are going to be scrumptious!
How To Make Peanut Butter Balls
This simple peanut butter balls recipe requires only a few steps.
- Make the peanut butter combination. Use the paddle attachment in your mixer to mix the peanut butter and butter till easy. Combine within the powdered sugar and graham cracker crumbs till evenly integrated.
- Type the balls. Use a cookie scoop to portion out the combination and roll in to balls. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and chill for at the very least half-hour within the fridge.
- Soften the chocolate. Microwave the chocolate in 25 second increments till melted, stirring steadily.
- Dip the balls in chocolate. Use a fork to dip every peanut butter ball into the melted chocolate. Place on the baking sheet and repeat with the remaining balls. Permit the chocolate to set, it should go from shiny to matte. You are able to do this at room temperature or within the fridge.
- Drizzle any additional chocolate over the peanut butter balls. Permit the chocolate to set earlier than storing.
Suggestions for Success
Listed here are a couple of suggestions for making these chocolate lined peanut butter balls even simpler!
- Ensure they’re chilled if you dip them. It would make the method MUCH simpler! The chocolate will arrange extra shortly and the peanut butter balls will maintain their form if you dip and faucet the surplus heat chocolate.
- Add shortening if utilizing chocolate chips. In the event you can’t discover the Ghirardelli wafers, you actually can use chocolate chips and even almond bark. Since chocolate chips aren’t essentially made for melting, that is the place you’ll be able to add a tablespoon of shortening or butter into the chocolate to skinny it out a bit of bit, making the dipping course of simpler.
- Reheat the chocolate if obligatory. If the chocolate thickens up an excessive amount of when you’re dipping, soften it once more for a couple of seconds, till you attain the specified consistency.
- Add some additional ornament. You possibly can enhance these with sprinkles, sea salt, or simply drizzle some additional chocolate over high, like I did!
- Take away extra chocolate. Whenever you dip the balls within the chocolate make certain to faucet off all the surplus chocolate you’ll be able to! Then if you place the dipped ball onto the parchment lined sheet, use a toothpick and drag it across the base of the ball so it doesn’t pool up on the backside!
- Room temperature. You possibly can retailer these peanut butter balls in an hermetic container on the counter for as much as 2 days.
- Fridge. You can even hold these within the fridge for as much as per week.
Can You Freeze Peanut Butter Balls?
Sure! You possibly can completely freeze these. Actually, I like to recommend doing so, so that you at all times have some readily available!
First, enable the chocolate to set fully. Then switch them to an hermetic container with parchment paper between layers. Freeze for as much as a month and thaw within the fridge or on the counter.
Extra Peanut Butter Desserts To Attempt
Made with simply 5 components, these Peanut Butter Balls are a fast, simple no bake dessert. With a creamy peanut butter filling dipped in chocolate, these are at all times the very first thing to vanish from any cookie platter!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 15 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (for melting)
- Within the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the peanut butter and butter, mixing on medium velocity till easy.
- Flip mixer to low and add within the powdered sugar and graham cracker crumbs, mixing till evenly integrated. Combination will probably be thick.
- Utilizing a small cookie scoop (about 1 tablespoon), portion out the combination and roll into balls. Place them on a big parchment lined baking sheet. Place the baking sheet within the fridge for at the very least half-hour to sit back.
- In a medium bowl soften the chocolate in 25- second increments, stirring after every till easy.
- Utilizing a fork, dip every peanut butter ball into the melted chocolate, tapping off the surplus. Place again on the parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat with all balls.
- Drizzle any additional chocolate on high of the balls.
- Permit the chocolate to set earlier than storing.
Tip – Drag a toothpick across the melted chocolate if you place the dipped peanut butter ball again onto the baking sheet after dipping. It will stop the chocolate from pooling up on the backside because it dries, and simply making the balls prettier.
Retailer at room temperature for as much as 2 days, or refrigerated for as much as per week.
- Serving Dimension: 1 ball
- Energy: 135
- Sugar: 11.9 g
- Sodium: 48.8 mg
- Fats: 7.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Protein: 1.9 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 8.1 mg
Key phrases: peanut butter balls, peanut butter balls recipe, simple peanut butter balls, chocolate peanut butter balls
Need To Save This Recipe?
Discover extra recipes like this:
PIN for later: