A brand new appetizer for you! Simply in time on your Thanksgiving festivities. We’ve been having a lot enjoyable developing with scrumptious crostini mixtures over the previous couple of years and knew we needed to check out a brand new enjoyable one.
Rebecca has been dreaming a couple of parmesan crusted crostini (sure please) and put collectively this magical combo with pear, toasted walnuts, and a drizzle of sizzling honey. OMG they’re crunchy, salty, savory, candy, mainly all the things you may need in an appetizer.
There are just a few straightforward methods to customise this parmesan pear crostini recipe, plus loads of methods and methods beneath. Serve them up for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New 12 months’s Eve, your birthday, or as a enjoyable snack!
Every little thing you’ll have to make this parmesan crusted pear crostini
You’re simply 5 (okay, 6 together with salt) components away from this glorious, straightforward appetizer! It’s the right steadiness of candy, salty, and crunchy. Right here’s what you’ll want:
- Bread: you’ll begin by slicing up a French baguette into even, 1/2-inch slices.
- Cheese: we’re utilizing grated parmigiano reggiano for a scrumptious salty taste baked proper onto the crostini.
- Pears: sliced pears add a scrumptious sweetness and juiciness to every chunk.
- Walnuts: a sprinkle of walnuts offers the crostini further crunch.
- For topping: I like drizzling the crostini with sizzling honey after which sprinkling on some flaky sea salt!
Customise your crostini
Though the components are tremendous easy as is, there are a few swaps you may make to suit your style choice!
- Choose your fruit. Be at liberty to make use of sliced apples as a substitute.
- Select the nuts. I feel toasted pecans or almonds can be scrumptious, too. In fact, you may omit the nuts for any nut allergy symptoms!
- Go gluten free. You’ll be able to completely use your favourite gluten free baguette or loaf for this recipe.
Can I take advantage of a unique cheese?
We’ve solely examined this crostini recipe utilizing parmesan cheese, however we suspect that softer cheeses like cheddar, and so on. received’t crisp up as nicely. Cheeses just like cheddar are prone to produce extra oil when baked, which might leak a bunch onto your sheet pan and never get tremendous crispy like we wish.
In search of further savory taste?
In case you’re not feeding vegetarians, you may additionally add a small slice of prosciutto to every crostini earlier than topping with the pear slices!
Make your personal sizzling honey
Scorching honey is strictly what it seems like: spicy honey! You should purchase it on the retailer OR you may simply make it at dwelling utilizing honey and a little bit of your favourite sizzling sauce or a pinch of cayenne pepper. You’ll microwave it and drizzle it on these crostini. Take a look at our video tutorial right here!
Don’t neglect to toast the walnuts
Sure, you may add common chopped walnuts, however toasting them makes them further scrumptious. There are two straightforward methods to do it:
- Stovetop methodology: Add your chopped walnuts to a pan and place over medium warmth, stirring often for 2-5 minutes till almonds are barely golden brown. Take away from warmth and permit to chill earlier than including them on high of the crostini.
- Oven methodology: Preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Place chopped walnuts on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for six to eight minutes till aromatic and golden brown, stirring as soon as midway by baking. Watch fastidiously in order that the nuts don’t burn!
Easy methods to make these parmesan crusted pear crostini
- Prep your pan. Begin by lining a giant baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the cheese. Grate the block of parmesan instantly onto the parchment paper in a fair layer.
- Bake the crostini. Add your baguette slices instantly on high of the cheese and bake them up till the cheese is good and golden.
- Assemble & devour. Fastidiously flip your crostini over and high every with 1-2 slices of pear, toasted walnuts, a drizzle of sizzling honey, and a sprinkle of flakey sea salt.
Ideas for creating the parmesan crust
- Be certain your cheese is sprinkled evenly onto the parchment paper so that every crostini will get an equal quantity.
- Depart a little bit area between the baguette slices in your baking sheet in order that the cheese and bread bake evenly.
- Be at liberty to make use of the parmesan crusted crostini as the right vessel for dips or every other toppings your coronary heart need! Get all of my dip recipes right here for inspo.
Storing & reheating
As with all crostini recipes, they’re meant to be eaten the day of in order that they keep good and recent. You’ll be able to retailer the crostini in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3 days after baking them with the parmesan (and BEFORE topping them), nevertheless, they possible received’t be as crisp reheated.
Extra appetizers you’ll love
Get all of my scrumptious appetizers right here!
I hope you’re keen on this parmesan pear crostini recipe! In case you make it make sure you depart a remark and a ranking so I understand how you favored it. Get pleasure from, xo!
Parmesan Crusted Crostini with Pear, Walnuts & Scorching Honey
Easy and scrumptious parmesan crusted crostini with pear, walnuts, and a drizzle of sizzling honey. This straightforward parmesan pear crostini comes collectively in simply 20 minutes for a lovely appetizer that is good for the vacations or fall and winter events!
- 1 French baguette, lower diagonally into (½ inch) slices
- ¾-1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (about 3 ounces grated cheese)
- 2 Bartlett pears, cores eliminated and thinly sliced
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- Scorching honey, for drizzling
- Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling on high
Preheat the oven to 375ºF and line a big baking sheet with parchment paper.
Use a microplane or the small facet of a field grater to finely grate Parmigiano Reggiano cheese instantly onto the parchment paper in a fair layer.
Bake the crostini: Lay the baguette slices instantly on high of the grated cheese and bake for 8-10 minutes or till the cheese is golden brown.
Prime crostini: As soon as they’re cool sufficient to the touch, flip the bread over and high every bit with one to 2 slices of pear, just a few items of toasted walnuts, a drizzle of sizzling honey, and a sprinkle of flaky sea salt. Serve instantly.
See the total publish for ideas, methods, and methods to customise this crostini!
Serving: 1serving (based mostly on 8)Energy: 241calCarbohydrates: 27.6gProtein: 8gFats: 12.1gSaturated Fats: 2.2gFiber: 2.6gSugar: 8.6g