This family-friendly Rooster Stroganoff made with floor hen and mushrooms in a creamy sauce is ideal over egg noodles, veggie noodles, or pasta.
My sister-in-law loves my Hamburger Stroganoff from the Skinnytaste Quick and Gradual Cookbook, however her daughter doesn’t like beef, which impressed me to attempt it with floor hen. I made a number of tweaks to my unique recipe and served it over egg noodles (additionally nice over roasted spaghetti squash). It was a winner in my home for all ages, from my choosy younger nieces to my husband. For my different Stroganoff recipes, attempt my vegetarian Mushroom Stroganoff, and Turkey Meatball Stroganoff.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Wholesome: My hen model is far lighter than conventional stroganoff. It’s full of protein and below 250 energy.
- Simple: This easy hen stroganoff comes collectively rapidly, and a lot of the cooking time is hands-off whereas the sauce simmers.
- Child-Pleasant: Pasta is normally a crowd-pleaser for kids. In the event that they don’t love mushrooms, it’s simple to select round them and simply serve them hen and pasta.
Rooster Stroganoff Sauce Elements
- Cream: Water, bitter cream, all-purpose or gluten-free flour, hen bouillon, paprika
- Rooster: I used one pound of 93% floor hen.
- Onion: Chop a half cup of white or yellow onion.
- Taste: Salt, pepper, tomato paste, and Worcestershire sauce all improve the flavour of the Stroganoff.
- Mushrooms: Slice eight ounces of Cremini mushrooms (additionally known as child bellas).
- Herbs: Let the thyme sprigs simmer within the sauce, and garnish with contemporary parsley.
- Noodles: Serve hen Stroganoff over egg noodles, or swap them with high-fiber or gluten-free pasta. Additionally nice over veggie noodles or roasted spaghetti squash.
The way to Make Rooster Stroganoff
- Creamy Stroganoff Sauce: Mix water, bitter cream, flour, bouillon, and paprika till clean.
- Prepare dinner the Rooster: Warmth a big, deep nonstick skillet on excessive warmth and spray with oil. Add the hen and salt and prepare dinner, breaking apart the meat into small items.
- Remaining Elements: Scale back the warmth to medium, add the onions and tomato paste to the pan, and prepare dinner till mushy. Add the mushrooms, thyme, and Worcestershire.
- Simmer: Pour the sauce over the hen and convey it to a boil. Cowl and prepare dinner on low for 35 to 45 minutes till tender. When the sauce is prepared, discard the thyme, garnish with parsley, and serve over noodles.
- Protein: Substitute hen for floor turkey or beef.
- Mushrooms: Swap cremini for white button mushrooms. In case you’re not a mushroom fan, omit them and add one other veggie, like peas, zucchini, or bell pepper.
- Bitter Cream Swap: Use plain Greek yogurt.
- Herbs: Sub rosemary for thyme. And as a substitute of garnishing with parsley, use extra thyme or chives.
- Noodles: In case you don’t have egg noodles, different small pasta shapes, like rotini or fusilli, will work. Or, if you wish to preserve the carbs low, attempt it with zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash.
- Gluten-Free Stroganoff: Use gluten-free noodles and flour.
What to Serve with Rooster Stroganoff
The way to Retailer Rooster Stroganoff
Rooster Stroganoff will preserve for as much as 4 days within the fridge.
Extra Rooster Pasta Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Dimension: 3 /4 cup sauce
In a blender mix the water, bitter cream, flour, bouillon, and paprika, mix till clean.
Warmth a big deep nonstick skillet on excessive warmth and spray with oil. Add the hen and salt and prepare dinner, breaking apart the meat into small items because it cooks, about 5 minutes.
Scale back warmth to medium, add the onions and tomato paste to the pan and prepare dinner, stirring, till mushy, about 4 to five minutes.
Add the mushrooms, thyme and Worcestershire sauce.
Pour the sauce over the hen and convey to a boil. Cowl and prepare dinner on low 35 to 45 minutes, till tender.
When sauce is finished, discard thyme, garnish with chopped parsley and serve over your favourite noodles or veggie noodles.
Please depart a ranking and remark letting us understand how you preferred this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serve this over 2 ounces of your favourite egg noodles, or take pleasure in it over your favourite veggie noodles.
Serving: 3 /4 cup sauce, Energy: 241 kcal, Carbohydrates: 11 g, Protein: 24 g, Fats: 12 g, Saturated Fats: 4 g, Ldl cholesterol: 106 mg, Sodium: 553.5 mg, Fiber: 1.5 g, Sugar: 3 g