That is one of the best confetti cake recipe constituted of fluffy home made white cake loaded with rainbow sprinkles! It’s all the pieces you’re keen on about basic boxed Funfetti cake combine, excellent for frosting and adorning.
Ensure to strive my Confetti Cupcakes too!
Simple Confetti Birthday Cake (From Scratch!)
Funfetti cake combine at all times feels a bit untouchable. Each time I chunk into something funfetti flavored, it’s like a core childhood reminiscence is unlocked. Is it even potential to seize all of the nostalgic style and texture of a boxed combine in a home made cake?
After one chunk of this confetti cake, I can guarantee you, the reply is YES! This recipe is even BETTER than a boxed model (I mentioned what I mentioned). That is the fluffiest white cake, bursting with shiny rainbow sprinkles and loads of birthday celebration vitality. It’s the right cake for a special day, and it’s straightforward sufficient to make anytime you’d like.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- One bowl. The batter for this confetti cake comes collectively in a single bowl. It’s straightforward to make with easy elements, and clear up is a breeze.
- Excellent birthday cake taste. This confetti cake is filled with wealthy vanilla taste and sprinkles. It tastes identical to the birthday truffles from our childhood!
- Moist and fluffy texture. Each chunk is melt-in-your-mouth tender and simply the correct quantity of candy.
What’s the Distinction Between Funfetti and Confetti Cake?
Enjoyable truth (pun supposed): Funfetti and confetti are two names for the very same cake. The one distinction is that the time period Funfetti is trademarked by Pillsbury, and confetti isn’t.
What You’ll Want
Beneath is an outline of the essential elements you’ll have to make your fabulous confetti cake! Confer with the recipe card under the submit with the complete quantities and recipe particulars.
- Flour and Sugar: For this white cake, I like to recommend common flour and white granulated sugar, to maintain the colour and texture constant.
- Baking Powder
- Shortening: Vegetable shortening offers the cake a lighter, softer texture, however you may completely substitute shortening with butter as a substitute.
- Milk and Vanilla: Entire milk or 2% milk for moisture, and vanilla extract to deepen the flavors.
- Egg Whites: You’ll have to separate 3 egg whites from the yolks. Egg whites give construction to the cake whereas conserving the crumb mild and unyellowed.
- Rainbow Sprinkles: You’ll be able to’t make a confetti cake with out colourful “confetti” all all through! Be sure to’re utilizing the correct of sprinkles, see under.
What Form of Sprinkles Are Greatest to Use?
One of the best sprinkles for a confetti cake are rainbow jimmies. These are the longer coloured sprinkles that maintain their form and shade when baked into truffles. Keep away from the small spherical rainbow nonpareils as they have a tendency to bleed into the cake batter.
How you can Make Confetti Cake
It couldn’t be simpler to make your individual confetti cake! Get your oven preheating to 350ºF when you grease and line the bottoms of two 8” spherical pans. I like to present the pans a light-weight dusting with flour, too, to assist with sticking. Now, let’s make some cake:
- Put together the cake batter. First, beat the dry elements along with the shortening, add the vanilla, and blend within the milk. After, beat within the egg whites, and at last, fold within the sprinkles.
- Bake. Divide the batter between the 2 ready cake pans. Bake the truffles at 350ºF for 20-25 minutes. As soon as out of the oven, go away the truffles within the pans for about 10 minutes earlier than inverting them onto a rack to chill.
Assemble and Frost the Cake
I frosted my confetti cake in and out with my excellent buttercream frosting. To assemble and frost your cake layers as pictured, observe these easy steps:
- Assemble the cake layers. I like to recommend putting a dollop of frosting in the midst of the plate beforehand, to assist maintain the cake from slipping. Cowl this primary cake layer generously with frosting, then place the second cake gently over prime.
- Frost the tops and sides of the cake. Use a spatula or knife to unfold frosting everywhere in the prime and the edges of the cake.
- Add sprinkles. For those who’d like so as to add a skirt of sprinkles such as you see within the pictures, do that instantly earlier than the frosting has set. Use your arms to softly press sprinkles alongside the underside of the cake.
Methods to Embellish a Confetti Cake
There’s no improper strategy to adorn a confetti cake. I blended 2 tablespoons of rainbow jimmies into my home made streusel topping to sprinkle everywhere in the cake. It offers this cake severe Milk Bar birthday cake vibes (if you already know, you already know). You can completely simply pile a complete heap of sprinkles on prime of your cake, too!
For those who’re on the lookout for one other frosting, my creamy chocolate frosting and fluffy marshmallow frosting are each nice choices. This cereal milk frosting can be a enjoyable twist on basic buttercream.
Suggestions and Variations
I’m sure that your confetti cake will come out excellent! This cake recipe is fairly simple, however a number of bonus ideas by no means damage:
- Don’t overmix the cake batter. Overmixing will end in a dense, powerful cake, and never the sunshine, ethereal crumb that we’re going for. Ensure to solely combine the elements till all the pieces is simply mixed.
- Instead of vanilla extract, you should use clear vanilla that gained’t influence the colour of the cake. A funfetti cake can be one of many (ahem) uncommon events the place you will get away with synthetic vanilla, if that’s what you may have readily available.
- For those who’re on the lookout for a birthday cupcake model, see my recipe for confetti cupcakes!
Methods to Serve Confetti Cake
After all, this cake makes the last word celebration dessert served with ice cream! Serve slices with a scoop of vanilla, chocolate, or Neapolitan ice cream for outdated instances’ sake. Or, make your individual 2-ingredient home made ice cream. For those who’d like, go forward and squeeze on some chocolate sauce. It’s a celebration, in any case.
How you can Retailer
Retailer the frosted or unfrosted confetti cake hermetic at room temperature for as much as 2-3 days. In case your kitchen is especially sizzling or humid, take into account conserving the cake coated within the fridge, and taking it out forward of serving.
Can I Freeze Confetti Cake?
I often suggest freezing truffles earlier than they’re frosted. As soon as your confetti cake layers have cooled, wrap them tightly in a double layer of plastic wrap and freeze them for as much as 3 months. Defrost the truffles at room temperature earlier than frosting.
Extra Funfetti-Impressed Recipes
That is one of the best confetti cake recipe, even higher than a boxed Funfetti cake combine! It’s constituted of fluffy white cake loaded with rainbow sprinkles, excellent for frosting and adorning.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup vegetable shortening
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites
- ½ cup rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease two 8-inch cake pans, line the underside of the pans with parchment paper, and grease once more. Flippantly mud the pan with flour. Put aside.
- Within the bowl of your stand mixer mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add in shortening and beat over medium pace till the combination is clean and mixed. Add in each milk and vanilla extract. Beat for two minutes on medium pace.
- Lastly, add egg whites and proceed to beat the batter for 1-2 minutes, till it’s very clean.
- Fold within the rainbow sprinkles.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 2 ready pans. Bake for 20-25 minutes till a knife inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clear.
- Permit the cake to chill within the pan for 10 minutes, then invert it onto to wire rack to complete cooling.
- Frost with Excellent Vanilla Buttercream Frosting and prime the cake with Streusel Topping if desired.
- Serving Dimension: 1 slice
- Energy: 301
- Sugar: 18 g
- Sodium: 248.2 mg
- Fats: 14.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 37.7 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 4.5 mg
Key phrases: funfetti cake, confetti cake, funfetti cake recipe
Need To Save This Recipe?
Discover extra recipes like this:
PIN for later: