Make home made crunch wraps loaded with savory taco meat, melty cheese, tostada, bitter cream, veggies, and extra wrapped up inside a pan-fried flour tortilla. This copycat recipe is really easy to make and simply as satisfying as the unique!
On the lookout for extra copycat variations of your take-out favorites? Attempt my home made Popeyes hen sandwich!
Simple Selfmade Crunch Wraps
These taco-licious beef crunch wraps are the stuff that household dinners are product of. Everybody will get concerned in assembling their very own “Crunchwrap Supreme” with their alternative of toppings and sauces. It’s a lot enjoyable and ever since I began making these, they’ve been on repeat.
Don’t get a woman mistaken, the Crunchwrap Supreme from Taco Bell is sweet sufficient…however the home made model? Recreation changer! The gooey cheese? The crunch? Together with being completely scrumptious, this home made model is more healthy and money-saving. Two issues that I can positively get behind!
Why You’ll Love This Copycat Crunchwrap Recipe
- Skip the drive-thru. You don’t have to make a particular journey to Taco Bell to curb that yearning for taco crunch. You can also make your favourite tacky, beefy crunch wrap proper in your personal kitchen, with a glass of wine (or margarita) in hand.
- Increased High quality Substances. You’ll use lean floor beef, plus selecting what you add into your crunch wrap offers YOU management!
- Inexpensive. This crunch wrap recipe is crazy-easy to make at dwelling with cheap substances.
- Customizable. Selfmade offers you the liberty to adapt your crunch wraps any manner that you just’d like. Use complete wheat tortillas, change up the type of cheese, and customise the filling together with your favourite meat, veggies, and add-ins. The restrict doesn’t exist. See additional on for concepts!
What Is a Crunch Wrap?
When you’ve by no means had one, the unique Crunchwrap Supreme is an iconic Taco Bell quick meals meal. It’s mainly your entire favourite taco substances layered and wrapped inside a flour tortilla, then grilled till golden. Even in the event you’ve by no means set foot inside a Taco Bell, I’m positive which you could respect seasoned beef, melty nacho cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and bitter cream coming collectively inside a toasty tortilla pocket, full with a crispy tostada shell for crunch. Fortunately, this home made model achieves all that, after which some.
Substances You’ll Want
Listed here are the important thing substances you’ll want for a home made crunch wrap. Make sure to scroll to the recipe card under the submit for the total ingredient quantities and recipe directions.
- Floor Beef: You’ll want about 1 pound of lean floor beef. Or, you should use one other type of floor meat that you just’d desire. For a leaner choice, strive floor hen or turkey. I embody extra variation concepts afterward.
- Taco Seasoning: Use a packet of your most well-liked store-bought taco seasoning mix, like Previous El Paso or related. There are additionally loads of recipes on the market for home made taco seasoning which you could make with substances like chili powder, cumin, paprika, and garlic powder.
- Tortillas: For a crunch wrap, you’ll want massive flour tortillas (like the type you’d use for burritos) for wrapping across the filling, in addition to small, taco-sized flour tortillas.
- Nacho Cheese: Your favourite jarred nacho cheese sauce or queso, warmed up for drizzling over the bottom beef layer.
- Tostada Shells: These are flat, fried corn tortillas that you just’ll discover with the opposite taco substances within the retailer, or within the worldwide meals aisle.
- Fillings: Bitter cream, shredded lettuce, and chopped ripe tomatoes, together with shredded cheese (cheddar or a Mexican mix). Crunch wraps are an effective way to make use of up leftover taco toppings!
- Taco Sauce: You’ll discover taco sauce with the opposite taco provides within the grocery aisle. It’s a tomato-based sauce (smoother than salsa) that features substances like vinegar, sugar, and spices. The proper taste booster! Enchilada sauce is one other good choice.
- Oil: Including a little bit of oil when toasting the crunch wraps within the pan helps with sticking.
Let’s Make Crunch Wraps!
The key to the proper crunch? Protecting the nice and cozy substances (like the bottom beef) separate from the chilly substances (lettuce, tomatoes, and so on.) with a crispy tostado shell. Right here’s make a crunch wrap:
- Cook dinner the bottom beef. First, brown the meat in a skillet and sprinkle within the taco seasoning. Subsequent, add water, and let the combination cook dinner for a few minutes whereas the liquid absorbs. Switch the taco meat to a bowl for now. You should utilize the identical pan to “grill” the completed crunch wraps, merely give it a wipe down with a paper towel to take away any grease.
- Assemble the wraps. On a clear countertop, lay out 4 massive flour tortillas. Add floor beef to the center of every tortilla, adopted by a drizzle of nacho cheese. Prime this with a tostada unfold with bitter cream, then lettuce, tomatoes, and a sprinkle of shredded cheese. Lastly, drizzle over the taco sauce.
- Fold the crunch wrap. Earlier than you fold your crunch wraps closed, high every assembled wrap with a small flour tortilla. Subsequent, fold the bigger, backside tortilla tightly up across the filling, bringing it towards the middle of the smaller tortilla. Proceed folding the massive tortilla up across the small tortilla, creating pleats as you go (see photograph). As soon as sealed, flip the crunch wrap over to carry the tortillas closed and in place.
- Toast the wraps. Lastly, working in batches of two, toast the crunch wraps in your skillet with a little bit of scorching oil. Place the crunch wraps seam-side-down to start out, and flip after 3-4 minutes to toast the opposite facet. As soon as your crunch wraps are browned and golden, slice them in half and serve!
Ideas for Success
This crunch wrap recipe is assured to turn into a brand new favourite on our dinnertime roster! I can’t wait so that you can strive it. Within the meantime, listed below are some remaining suggestions:
- Heat the tortillas. This recipe works finest with massive flour tortillas, as they’re extra malleable and straightforward to fold with out breaking. When you discover that yours are a bit stiff, sprinkle the tortillas with a little bit of water, cowl with foil, and heat them within the oven earlier than assembling the crunch wraps. The steam helps them to melt additional.
- Make your personal taco seasoning. Rather than store-bought taco seasoning, make your personal by combining 1 tablespoon of chili powder with ½ teaspoon every cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt, and pepper, together with a ¼ teaspoon of crimson pepper flakes or cayenne (or extra to style).
- Don’t overload the crunch wraps. Attempt to get your fillings in even layers. This makes the crunch wraps a lot simpler to fold!
The Crunchwrap Supreme is made with floor beef, nacho cheese, bitter cream, tomatoes and lettuce, and cheese. The signature “crunch” comes from the tostada shell in the course of the layers.
It’s simple to get carried away with fillings (talking from expertise), so that you could be modest with what you add to your crunch wraps. Fill them equally to a taco. They’ll nonetheless style nice in the event that they’re busting on the seams, however issues may get messy.
Completely! Swap out the meat for seasoned chickpeas, lentils, or your favourite plant-based mince. See under for less difficult variations.
Simply while you thought a home made crunch wrap couldn’t get any higher? Enable me to share: recipe variations. Probably the greatest issues about this recipe is how simply you possibly can change up the substances to create your excellent crunch wrap.
- Entire wheat tortilla. As a more healthy choice, swap common flour tortillas for complete wheat.
- Rooster. As an alternative of beef, fill your crunch wraps with floor hen, or shredded hen. My beergarita pulled hen or salsa verde hen could be superior!
- Pork. Fill your crunch wraps with juicy Mexican-style pork carnitas.
- Vegetarian. Rather than floor beef, make vegetarian crunch wraps with seasoned beans or lentils, chickpeas, meatless mince, or a medley of chopped greens. Saute them in a pan with seasoning first.
- Extra add-ins. Different good choices are refried beans, sliced avocado, black olives, or sauteed veggies like mushrooms, bell peppers, and onions. You may even sprinkle in some chilies.
- Totally different cheese. Rather than shredded cheese, strive crumbled Mexican Cotija cheese, Pepper Jack, or queso fresco.
- Breakfast. Make a breakfast crunch wrap and commerce floor beef for scrambled eggs, topped with crumbled bacon. The remainder of the substances can keep the identical!
What to Serve With Crunch Wraps
Flip your home made crunch wraps right into a family-style dinner, served with zesty hen enchiladas and different enjoyable Mexican-inspired dishes. Attempt these concepts:
Storing and Reheating Leftovers
- Fridge. These crunch wraps are finest loved contemporary from the pan, whereas the lettuce is crisp and the tortilla is crunchy. You may retailer leftovers hermetic within the fridge, although I like to recommend reheating them inside 1-2 days. Reheat your crunch wraps within the microwave, or on the stovetop.
- Freezer. As a result of contemporary veggies in these home made crunch wraps, I don’t advocate freezing them. They simply gained’t be the identical as soon as they’re thawed!
Extra Tex-Mex Dinner Concepts
Make copycat crunch wraps loaded with taco meat, melty cheese, tostada, bitter cream, veggies, and extra wrapped up inside a toasty flour tortilla.
- 1 pound lean floor beef
- 1 (1- ounce) package deal of taco seasoning
- 4 massive (burrito-sized) tortillas
- 3/4 cup nacho cheese sauce, warmed
- 4 tostada shells
- 1/2 cup bitter cream
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup taco sauce
- 4 small (taco-sized) tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or Mexican mix cheese)
- oil for frying
- In a big skillet, cook dinner the bottom beef on medium warmth till not pink. Drain any extra liquid from the pan. Add the taco seasoning and 1/4 cup of water, stir to mix, and cook dinner for two – 3 minutes till the liquid is absorbed.
- Take away the meat from the pan and switch to a glass bowl or plate. Put aside.
- Clear the skillet by wiping it down with a paper towel to take away any extra grease or meat.
- Create a workstation on a clear countertop. Collect all of the substances for the crunch wraps.
- Assemble: Lay all 4 massive tortillas out on the counter. Place 1/2 cup of floor beef within the middle of every tortilla. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of nacho cheese sauce on high of the meat.
- Unfold 1 – 2 tablespoons of bitter cream onto every tostada. Place the tostada on high of the meat. Prime the tostada with 1/2 cup shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes. Drizzle with taco sauce.
- Place a small tortilla on high and fold the underside burrito up on high of the smaller tortilla tightly to seal, creating pleats. Flip the crunch wrap over to carry it closed.
- Warmth 1 tablespoon of oil within the skillet to medium. Place 1 – 2 crunch wraps within the skillet (relying on the skillet dimension) seam facet down and cook dinner for 3 – 4 minutes till toasted. Flip and cook dinner on the opposite facet for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Lower in half to serve.
The concept is to maintain the nice and cozy substances on one facet of the tostada and the cool substances on the opposite to get probably the most crunch.
Key phrases: crunch wraps, crunchwrap recipe, beef crunchwrap, crunchwrap supreme recipe
Need To Save This Recipe?
Discover extra recipes like this:
PIN for later: