On the lookout for a candy and refreshing aspect dish or dessert?
This Ambrosia Salad recipe is simply the factor, it combines pineapple, coconut, mandarin oranges, and mini marshmallows in a creamy base.
It is a household favourite and one I all the time appeared ahead to as a child!
- Regardless of its title, ambrosia salad is a a candy fluff salad – virtually a dessert that’s usually served as a aspect for Easter, Thanksgiving or at potlucks.
- This salad, aka 5-cup salad wants simply 5 components and 5 minutes of prep.
- It’s excellent for holidays and potlucks because it’s finest made forward of time.
Substances for Ambrosia Salad
- Yogurt/Bitter Cream – The creamy base begins with both bitter cream or Greek yogurt. Our household has all the time used bitter cream, which is sweetened by the marshmallows. Be at liberty to attempt vanilla yogurt or whipped topping (similar to Cool Whip) in place.
- Fruit – Our household’s recipe for Ambrosia Salad has coconut shreds, mandarin oranges, and pineapple, however you possibly can combine issues up with fruit cocktail or canned peaches. For a contemporary taste, stir in contemporary fruit like grapes, bananas, blueberries, or strawberries.
- Additions – Whereas this recipe is scrumptious by itself, you possibly can add different components. Strive including maraschino cherries or nuts like walnuts or pecans to offer it a bit of additional crunch and taste.
The best way to Make Ambrosia Salad
Ambrosia Fruit Salad is a good aspect to whip up if you’re quick on time!
- Drain the pineapple and oranges (per the recipe beneath).
- Add all components besides oranges and blend effectively. Gently fold in oranges.
- Let chill within the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours.
Suggestions for Ambrosia Salad
- Remember to make this salad forward of time to mix the flavors and soften the marshmallows.
- Drain the canned fruit so the dish isn’t watery.
- Gently fold within the mandarin oranges final, as they are often fragile and break aside.
Simple Ambrosia Salad
This ambrosia salad recipe is very easy to make, completely fluffy and an awesome vacation aspect dish!
In a medium bowl, combine bitter cream, marshmallows, coconut, and pineapple tidbits.
Gently fold in mandarin oranges.
Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours or in a single day. Serve chilled.
- Make this salad forward and retailer within the fridge to mix the flavors and soften the marshmallows.
- Drain all fruit effectively so the dish isn’t watery.
- Gently fold within the mandarin oranges final, they are often fragile and break aside.
- Use Greek yogurt or plain yogurt, or bitter cream for the bottom. I choose bitter cream.
Energy: 150 | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 2g | Fats: 7g | Saturated Fats: 5g | Ldl cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 29mg | Potassium: 225mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 296IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 1mg
Vitamin info supplied is an estimate and can fluctuate primarily based on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photograph use coverage right here.