Bidders all over the world joined these within the room at WillaKenzie Property by way of livestream as 75 one-of-a-kind wines went beneath the hammer on the seventh version of ‘Willamette: The Pinot Noir Public sale’.
Prime producers created Pinot Noir and Chardonnay wines particularly for the sale, which additionally put Willamette Valley’s extremely rated 2021 classic within the highlight.
Solely commerce members plus ‘visitors’ may take part within the sale, stated public sale home and co-host Zachys. Organiser Willamette Valley Wineries Affiliation (WVWA) stated shoppers would be capable to buy the one-off wines from profitable bidders.
Gross sales of wine heaps fetched a complete $543,500 this 12 months, with the ultimate sum raised hitting $680,900 as soon as extra sponsorship funds and ticket gross sales for in-person occasions had been included, stated WVWA.
It stated the common worth per lot rose by 10% on final 12 months, to $7,246. There was no purchaser’s premium within the public sale.
The most costly lot offered was 5 circumstances (60x 75cl) of Bergström Wines’ ‘La Voluptueuse’, Pinot Noir 2021, which fetched $35,000, translating to a mean worth of round $583 per bottle, stated WVWA.
Created by winemakers Josh Bergstrôm and Maddy Rausch, the wine is a mix of the ‘oldest vine parcels from our two unique household winery plantings: the Bergström Winery within the Dundee Hills American Viticultural Space (AVA) and Silice within the Chehalem Mountains AVA’, the vineyard stated within the Zachys public sale catalogue.
Different high heaps included:
- 5 circumstances of Antica Terra, ‘Alder Creek’ Pinor Noir 2021 | (offered for) $15,000
- 5 circumstances of Alexana Property, ‘Slack Tide – The Clam’ Pinot Noir 2021 | $15,000
- Twenty circumstances of Westmount, ‘West Facet Story’ Pinot Noir 2021 | $18,000
- Twenty circumstances of Maison Noir, ‘Lamb of the God’ Pinot Noir 2021 | $13,000
- 5 circumstances of Drouhin Oregon Roserock, ‘Cuvée DG’, Pinot Noir 2021 | $11,000
- 5 circumstances of Soléna Property and Domaine Divio, ‘Francophillia’ Chardonnay 2021 | $10,500
Ian Burch, public sale chair and winemaker at Archery Summit vineyard, stated, ‘The Willamette Valley has come to be acknowledged as one of the thrilling wine areas on this planet, and this public sale presents the best expressions of Pinot noir and Chardonnay from our high producers.’
The sale follows the Willamette Valley Collectors’ Public sale in April, additionally powered by Zachys, which featured library wines spanning 22 years, in addition to experiences.