Zucchini Alfredo make a fast, wholesome, and scrumptious weeknight meal. You’ll love this lightened up alfredo sauce that’s deliciously creamy, hearty, and presents a lift of protein too!
Why We Love This Scrumptious Zucchini Alfredo Recipe:
I really like, love, love a fast, scrumptious, and nutritious meal. And this one proper right here ticks off all the bins!
- Fast & Simple: You may get this recipe on the desk in below 20 minutes- so it’s excellent for busy weeknights!
- Solely 6 Components: It solely requires a handful of elements, most of which I’ve readily available on a regular basis. So it’s the right meal when different plans fall via (or.. I didn’t plan).
- Wholesome: The principle ingredient right here is veggies, people! And my lightened-up alfredo sauce is creamy, hearty, and far more healthy than conventional alfredo sauce.
- Downright scrumptious: Critically… nobody goes to overlook the pasta or the heavy cream. It’s simply as flavorful, satisfying and creamy as traditional fettuccini alfredo. In truth, we prefer it even higher!
This isn’t one to sleep on. Every part simply comes collectively to create a easy however tasty meal that pleases even my pickiest eaters. If you happen to don’t have a spiralizer, you should buy zucchini noodles within the produce division of most grocery shops. I used the spiral attachment that comes with my very favourite hand-dandy meals chopper. This factor is a recreation changer and makes my life a lot simpler!
So subsequent time you have got an explosion of zucchini in your backyard, want a fast meal concept, otherwise you’re merely searching for a straightforward and scrumptious dinner recipe.. make this Zucchini Alfredo. You’re going to adore it.
Components You’ll Must Make This Zucchini Alfredo:
- Zucchini– We used two medium zucchini, which ought to feed 3-4 folks.
- Butter– We used unsalted butter.
- Garlic– Recent is finest, however you should use garlic powder too.
- Cream Cheese– We used common cream cheese to spice up the richness, however you should use mild cream cheese if desired.
- Milk– We used 2% milk.
- Parmesan Cheese– Typically I want freshly grated parmesan cheese. It melts significantly better. However since I don’t at all times have it readily available, immediately I used grated parmesan and it labored nice.
- Salt & Pepper– Add to season.
Methods to Make Alfredo with Zucchini:
- Make your zucchini noodles. Trim your zucchini and use a spiralizer to create your noodles.
- Cook dinner the noodles. Warmth about one tablespoon of oil in a big skillet. Toss in your zucchini and cook dinner them for about 1 minute. Take away noodles to plate.
- Make the alfredo suace. In the identical pan, soften the butter over medium-high warmth. Add the garlic and cook dinner for about 30 seconds or till aromatic. Add the softened cream cheese and and whisk till easy. Regularly whisk within the milk, stirring always. As soon as easy, add the Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and cook dinner till the sauce is good and thick.
- Toss with the noodles. Take away from the warmth, and add your zucchini noodles again to the pan. Give them a fast toss to evenly coat them with the sauce. High with extra Parmesan cheese and contemporary cracked black pepper if desired. Take pleasure in!
Ideas & Solutions:
How do you make zucchini noodles?
I used the spiralizer attachment on my go-to meals chopper, however if you happen to don’t have a spiralizer, don’t fret! This recipe remains to be inside your attain. Listed here are another choices:
- Vegetable Peeler: This gives you wider noodles, however they’re simply as scrumptious and virtually everybody owns a peeler.
- Mandolin: Use a mandolin to get good skinny slices, then reduce your slices lengthwise into noodles.
- Use a Julienne Peeler: That is a cheap device that gives you good, skinny “angel hair pasta” noodles.
- Sharp Knife: You can too only a good cooks knife to chop the zucchini into skinny planks, then lengthwise into noodles. You’ll find yourself with barely thicker, however equally scrumptious noodles.
- Add cooked rooster (both cubed and pan-fried, or shredded rotisserie) to make rooster zucchini alfredo
- Add 1/4 cup chopped contemporary basil
- Use half zucchini noodles + half alfredo noodles
- Toss in some contemporary diced tomatoes
- After tossing the noodles again into your skillet, prime with beneficiant layer of extra parmesan cheese. Put within the oven on broil for a minute or two till the highest is golden brown and bubbly. So yummy!
What ought to I serve with Zucchini Alfredo?
This recipe makes an incredible lunch, however once I’m serving it for dinner I normally like so as to add a aspect to fill these hungry bellies earlier than mattress. Listed here are a few of my favourite recipes to serve with zucchini alfredo:
Extra Scrumptious Zucchini Recipes:
Zucchini Alfredo make a fast, wholesome, and scrumptious weeknight meal. You may love this lightened up alfredo sauce that’s deliciously creamy, hearty, and presents a lift of protein too!
Servings: 4 servings
Slice the ends off the zucchini and place it in your spiralizer. Flip the spiralizer till zucchini noodles are shaped.
In a saute pan, warmth 1 tablespoon of oil. Add your zucchini noodles and saute for simply 1 minute. Set them apart.
In the identical saute pan you used to cook dinner your zucchini noodles, soften butter over medium-high warmth. Add the garlic and cook dinner for 1 minute. Add the softened cream cheese and whisk always till it’s a easy consistency. It can look lumpy at first, however don’t fret. If you happen to preserve whisking it’ll get easy.
Add the milk slowly whereas whisking till it’s included. Add the parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and whisk till the cheese is melted and the sauce is easy. The longer you cook dinner it, the thicker it’ll get. Take away from warmth, and add your zucchini noodles. Stir to mixed. Serve heat and luxuriate in!
Energy: 201kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 10g | Fats: 15g | Saturated Fats: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 4g | Trans Fats: 0.1g | Ldl cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 533mg | Potassium: 356mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 778IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 301mg | Iron: 1mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and robust promoter of wholesome habits. Right here you’ll discover a lot of scrumptious recipes filled with fruits and veggies, ideas for getting your youngsters to eat higher and develop into intuitive eaters and plenty of assets for feeding your loved ones.